SAU Community

Regency Related

i hate rav 4's

I remember reading on here somewhere and i have done searches but can't find what i'm looking for. I have the regency defect and my rego has expired. As we know you can't register a defected car. However, if you have the defect signed off and a regency appointment you can drive untill that date, the standard procedure when the car has rego.

I thought I read, that if you go to the regency park office with the paperwork they can issue you with some type of rego so the car can be driven.

I have the defect paperwork and has been signed off in the past. I have made several calls and been told that this isn't the case. Can anyone help??

it can be done, they will just register it up to the date of your regency inspection, i've had to do it once myself, unless they have changed the rules you should still be able to do it.

yes you can, but it is classed as a permit rego

once ur car is cleared u take the reciept saying u passed regency and the reciept saying u paid 180 or whatever u paid for ur rego to the desk and they make up a sticker for you no questions asked,

can be tricky if you not sure wat to do or u get sum1 that doesnt know wat there doin at the desk

i only did this like two months ago, so yes it can be done.....

so is your defect signed off and cleared or you going to regency? :P

why would you have an appointment to go to regency if its signed off and cleared already?

my rego run out while on defect and i had to buy stupid day passes each time i went to a workshop with it.

Edited by Inline 6

$48 day pass.

any rego place.

tip: get the paper work first and fill it out. dont go line up for 23423 hours talk then line up again .

need to be really precise with where you are taking the car also.

workshop etc. regency etc. what roads.

I had an appointment and was signed off at the cop shop but had an accident a week later and now have only got the car back from the panel beater. I don't want a day pass but be able to drive around untill my new appointment date.

so is your defect signed off and cleared or you going to regency? :blink:

why would you have an appointment to go to regency if its signed off and cleared already?

my rego run out while on defect and i had to buy stupid day passes each time i went to a workshop with it.

On my way to Regency. I had an appointment and was signed off at the cop shop but had an accident a week later and now have only got the car back from the panel beater. I don't want a day pass but be able to drive around untill my new appointment date.

so is your defect signed off and cleared or you going to regency? :blink:

Yeah, not 100% sure on this but if they find out the trader plates don't actually belong to you or you aren't a part of the company you can get into serious trouble

Not ture customers use trader plates all the time for test drives, I would have said im taking it for a test drive and said the car yard i used.

ok then. say your double defected (didnt pass first time regency)

can you still go to the cop shop and have your stuff ticked off (strut braces. suspension etc)?

then get your car rego'd till your inspection ?

ok then. say your double defected (didnt pass first time regency)

can you still go to the cop shop and have your stuff ticked off (strut braces. suspension etc)?

then get your car rego'd till your inspection ?

You need proof that you've fixed/repaired/replaced the items in question on the defect.