SAU Community

M&t Ausport

mrRS4

I was wondering has anyone brought a car from M&T ausport in revesby NSW. What was your experience like and was there any problems and how did the guys deal with you on these problems and would u deal with them again in the future

Cheers

Edited by mrRS4

I've never bought anything from M&T Ausport (Marigold St Revesby), but even though the yard looks packed with cars, I did at least look over a few and made some enquiries on behalf of two prospective buyers.

I noticed that most cars there were in superb cond. but others were looking tired and resembled something more like a 3 rating.

They only looked to be a bit of a fledgling organisation with a fairly primitive detailing or mechanical set-up at the side/rear.

One of the counter staff were quite pleasant and accommodating by being willing to show me a car's history and logs. The other one was distant.

There was no high pressure from staff and they were willing to let me start engines and if nec. do test drives.

Hope this helps,

Tez

I've never bought anything from M&T Ausport (Marigold St Revesby), but even though the yard looks packed with cars, I did at least look over a few and made some enquiries on behalf of two prospective buyers.

I noticed that most cars there were in superb cond. but others were looking tired and resembled something more like a 3 rating.

They only looked to be a bit of a fledgling organisation with a fairly primitive detailing or mechanical set-up at the side/rear.

One of the counter staff were quite pleasant and accommodating by being willing to show me a car's history and logs. The other one was distant.

There was no high pressure from staff and they were willing to let me start engines and if nec. do test drives.

Hope this helps,

Tez

OK looking at buying a stagea from there living in adelaide i dont really want to travel down there and be dissapointed. I asked today for the auction report and import cert. Do you know if the verfiy odomter's aswell.

Please if anyone has brought from them or has had family or friends that have please tell me there eperience with them.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Hey there, a friend of mine bought a 94' Prelude from there and he highly recommends them, price was good and the best thing he said was the warranty, a few things went wrong a week after they bought it, and the warranty covered it in whole.

Also with the test drive, i don't know if this goes for every car but my friend was able to drive the car on his own, he just gave his license to the staff to keep a hold off.

Just be wary of buying interstate, as you cant make use of the advantaqe of buying from a good dealer, a 3 yr warranty for example.

Hope that helps

Danny

• 6 months later...

WARNING! DO NOT PURCHASE VEHICLES FROM THIS DEALER UNLESS YOU DON'T MIND BURDENING YOUR SELF WITH A LEMON

One day I looked at some RX-7s on their site showed one that I had in mind. I call to see before hand if they had it available, they told me in a weeks time. I call back in a weeks time yet they said in three days, I thought its ok I'll just wait. But on a Monday afternoon I swung by just to check out the place. It has Hai Son the transporting company next to them and i peered into the back area where lied two almost destroyed out of recognition RX-7 and some Japanese man hulling parts to the RX-7 that I had inquired about. I thought well maybe theres nothing really wrong with the car maybe they just needed extra parts or something. Well I thought wrong. I came back on the Wednesday during midday and I asked for a test drive keeping in mind what had happened earlier that week. I drove halfway down the road and pulled over. I decided to inspect the car on my own with out the prying eyes of the fat dealer. I pulled the pillar cover open and saw clear welding marks all along the the top to the bottom. Looked under the carpets and found perfect red blood stained carpet. Now you might be asking this guy just had one experience with these blokes. Well I speak their language I am Vietnamese Cambodian. And I can tell all you readers out there now that I've heard them discussing how they will cover such things as blood stains, half cutted built cars and terminal cars. And this is a direct quote that I heard them say "He is just another stupid young boy who likes sports cars". These guys purchase all those imports from japan for the fraction of the price. I am very certain that these men are very cunning in there speech they will convince you to purchase these cars and ANY mechanic will tell you that these cars are very very unsafe.

One of my mates also have had some bad experiences with these guys but with a r34 skyline, he is now forced to keep the car as the three year warranty is out. Hes found out that the engine has been turned back SOME HOW as the predicted km on the car is actually at least 250000km and had gone through a engine change.

If you don't care about your money and want a dirt cheap car then you can have a look but don't expect much. Your better off importing your own or purchasing from a dealer along Parramatta Road in Sydney

yeah guys sorry for the outburst i was just soo pissed i found out from a friend that used to work there that the cars are actually place on the decks of the ships soo they are exposed to the sea salt and water which explains the bad paint and rusting spots on the engines.

I just dont want some poor bloke to buy a dud car from these scammers

i got 3 cars from there they all been good

180sx

r33

v35

condition was great and no problems with cars, i usually dealt with Henry

180 and r33 have been interior stripped (full interior retrims) and they were fine no welds or anything , undercarriage was perfect also, v35 same thing

i even got a report with r33 when they checked engine oils,diff oil, gbox etc so pretty good

no pressure from staff and they willing on test drives , and yes they do have their own workshop at back.

to me they look like a good shop and i would buy from them again and would recommend them.

there's cars there that i would not touch but they have some quality cars , at least i think so

i hope this can help and if anymore info is needed pm me

Stay away from there.

My brother bought an S15 from there and they wouldn't honor the warranty. Basically the coil packs needed replacing. The bloke there Peter tries to be your best buddy and talk you into buying a dud.

We knew that it had some intermittent misfiring on load but they were trying get out of replacing the coil packs and not do anything for warranty.

They are a questionable dealer and I would not recommend them to anyone. We also looked a few R32 GTRs there and they were also of questionable condition. Rear quarters had over spray and covered up rust spots along the seals of the rear windscreen.

You have been warned.

• 3 weeks later...
Stay away from there.

My brother bought an S15 from there and they wouldn't honor the warranty. Basically the coil packs needed replacing. The bloke there Peter tries to be your best buddy and talk you into buying a dud.

We knew that it had some intermittent misfiring on load but they were trying get out of replacing the coil packs and not do anything for warranty.

They are a questionable dealer and I would not recommend them to anyone. We also looked a few R32 GTRs there and they were also of questionable condition. Rear quarters had over spray and covered up rust spots along the seals of the rear windscreen.

You have been warned.

thank you im glad i found someone to back me up, those guys are scammers i'm very sure of this because *not from me* but a friend of mine works with henry at Hai Son with importing and the things they say and discuss things that are shocking

Edited by john anon

damn i guess i been very lucky then

i think peter is Henry's brother , and i think some older guy own it not sure

yeah man make sure you check all of it over, the engines they bring in HAVE been turned back because they have been preturned back (before importing) so they can claim they dont have a clue about it, there are one or two car that reach the minimum requirements, but for the majority of cars they've randomly purchase cars that are cheap from Tokyo im talking 600 thousand yen and lower. why do you think they've imported the most ridiculous cars in compared to Edward Lee's i mean who wants a automatic twin turbo: rx7 series 8 or a supra or random modified vans, henry sees that they are cheap and blindly picks at them.

Woah, +1 to what Chef said.... Wouldn't they all drive shitty anyway?

This almost worth a flight down to have a look and film.. Then off to Tracy Grimshaw hahaah.

hahaha mate i would of done that but they've got too many of em on the show

heres a little thing for you to noe the owner of Hai Son is the owner of MnT he just to be head of customs in Vietnam back in the day haha.

glad there's more info on this importer , john thank you for all the info posted .

if there's anything more please pm if you dont want to say it here.

no worries i want to post this stuff here these guys need to be exposed their putting death traps on the roads, if u guys need know anything about them i can tell u