SAU Community

Can I Put A R33 Rb26 Engine In An R33 Gts-t?

i have a fully built 25 with all the extras for $12k if your interested.

everything included turbo etc with a manual it would easy do 350 rwkws.

currenty running a auto with hi stall to 330 rwkws

motor done less the 15k of local shopping trips.

Uh OH ... So whats replacing it then dangerman ? :) Shame to loose current known king of the autos. !

Uh OH ... So whats replacing it then dangerman ? :woot: Shame to loose current known king of the autos. !

:)

just looking at my options.

im on the hunt for a legnum because the kids are getting a bit big for the 33, and the boots arnt massive as you would all know.

not sure whether i sell the car as is or seperate it?

anyone else want the title?

although i think satanic has taken it from me now with a 2630.

yes there not overly roomy. I've never seen a legnum in the flesh but i asume there alot larger inside ... But then again its turbo'd..... and V6 ... do you really want to spend the money modding it (cmon you know it will happen) ... HPI guy is doing one currently i believe.

Had to say whether to part out or sell, there value has dropped alot..... maybe try as is... cause its a weapon..... and well known... and would be good to keep a tuff 4 door auto around....

Yeah i just remembered Satanic has it now. Still pretty close

Gary

The RB26 route is massively expensive. Anyone on this forum is kidding themselves if they think they wont want to start modifying a standard RB26 engine once its in their gtst. We've all got the bug. I reckon Beer Barron is being conservative with the $10K figure; this would be in labour only i reckon. When you think of the tailshaft mods, sump mods, power steering mods, etc, etc.

Barron is right when he says there is something about the RB26 engine though. It just looks good in an engine bay.

Alternatively, you could save yourself the heartache and just by my 350Kw RB26 powered R32 gtst! You'd be silly not to! :D

See the for sale section.

Shaun.

tailshaft mods? i dont see how u would have to do ne tailshaft mods if u use the rb25 box onto the 26 motor and use the 25 clutch... ???

power steering mods. u can bolt up a 25 ps pump to a 26. main difference is the 25 pump runs a 3pk belt gtr run a 4pk belt.

im in the middle of doing a 26... well 28 conversion into a r33. and yes they are costly if u do them properly.

but mate if u only want 350kw. forgies are probably ur best bet plus not mucking around with mod plates and queensland transport that way...