SAU Community

Importing Company

mattye

Hey guys n gals,

So i stumbled upon this company tonight called "Nagoya Motors" and they look pretty good for importing (maybe). I'm looking at importing a RS Four S wroughly 1999.

Anywho has anyone heard of them before, or used them or know someone who has used them???

I'm kinda unsure about importing still and would like some feedback about companies first. I was loking at J-Spec and have heard lots of good thing about them, but then stumbled upon these guys and thought it might be another option.

Anyway let us know what you know. Heres the link to their site. http://www.nagoyamotors.com.au/

Thanks

from one of my best friends experiences, i personally wouldnt use j-spec... him and his brother had the same issues...

i am considering Iron Chef for my next purchase, for Honestly, for a Stagea, there are SO MANY in Oz, just grab one locally and save the heart ache lol

Hey guys n gals,

So i stumbled upon this company tonight called "Nagoya Motors" and they look pretty good for importing (maybe). I'm looking at importing a RS Four S wroughly 1999.

Anywho has anyone heard of them before, or used them or know someone who has used them???

I'm kinda unsure about importing still and would like some feedback about companies first. I was loking at J-Spec and have heard lots of good thing about them, but then stumbled upon these guys and thought it might be another option.

Anyway let us know what you know. Heres the link to their site. http://www.nagoyamotors.com.au/

Thanks

I bought my stagea from them (although I didn't import it) it was just off his lot & was the first Australian owner.

I'm pretty happy with the car, haven't had any major probs although I did get a pre purchase inspection, which Alex, the owner of Nagoya motors, had absolutely no problem with. I think you'll find there are always going to be good and bad stories about any company.

I would have to agree with Ryan1600 and say purchase one locally. That way you can have it checked out.

Mine came with a 3 year extended warranty, (just replaced the o2 sensor, $390 all up including labour for S2 neo genuine part) and 24/7 agreed to pay the claim, no probs.

from one of my best friends experiences, i personally wouldnt use j-spec... him and his brother had the same issues...

i am considering Iron Chef for my next purchase, for Honestly, for a Stagea, there are SO MANY in Oz, just grab one locally and save the heart ache lol

I imported with J-Spec and i can tell you the experience overall was positive, so i would have no problems recommending them.

However, with the exchange rate the way it is now, do you really want to import? I imported a 99 RS Four S, and at the time

it was estimated about $15,300 landed and complied. I ended up paying about $16,000 all up so it wasnt too far off the mark.

If i was to import my car now instead of months ago when i did it, it would now cost roughly $22,000-$23,000, a difference of

about $6000-$7000. So if you find one on an importers website that is now expected to arrive for about $15,000 or there abouts,

you could only imagine it must be in terrible condition.

Anyways just thought i would give you one perspective :D

Yeah, as above, why import with the exchange rate the worst it has been in years???

There are many cheap RS four S availble for $15-16k. Yes, a manual for the same price I paid two years ago for my auto. Not the right time to import at all mate!!

....just replaced the o2 sensor, $390 all up including labour for S2 neo genuine part

sweet baby jeebuz on a tricycle!! Non genuine O2 sensor cost me $60 and about 1/2 an hour to install because the heat shield was a PITA to get off. (Teh Fury shares the same 02 sensor as the stagea and R34 skylines)

But yeah, to stay on topic, +1 for buying locallly.

I would have to agree with most people here and buy locally. Most of them have just arrived in the country or they are the first aussie owner. I brought my RS Four V Prime Editon for 18k back in Januray this year and now they have dropped down in price by about 4-5k and manuals have dropped big time (at the time a manual S2 was about 22-25k)

I would be looking at the importers if you are looking for something specific (such as a 260RS or Stagea in bayside blue for example). I was going to go through either J-Spec or Prestige Motorsport when I was looking for my car when I stumbled upon my one

Also have you the "Importing Vehicles" section and see if anyone is posted about Nagoya Motors??

Edited by BigDirtyJase

sweet baby jeebuz on a tricycle!! Non genuine O2 sensor cost me $60 and about 1/2 an hour to install because the heat shield was a PITA to get off. (Teh Fury shares the same 02 sensor as the stagea and R34 skylines)

But yeah, to stay on topic, +1 for buying locallly.

Yeah its a shite load, if I had to pay for it myself it would have been the EL falcon sensor and done at home.

Yeah its a shite load, if I had to pay for it myself it would have been the EL falcon sensor and done at home.

Nah, dont do that. I used an NKN one that was listed for the skyline. Cost me a grand total of $59 and it came with the correct plug and all. Just slipped the old one out and the new one straight in. I will see if I can drag the part number up and post it over the weekend. I even see the same ones on ebay for ~$125. :unsure:

Even though I've had my car for just over 3yrs, I'm still on the mailing list for J-Spec and Prestige, and I received this from Prestige the other day:

Well, what more can you say about the world economic situation and the recent exchange rate fluctuations ? Not much, other than extremely volatile and hard to predict, with pricing changing on a daily basis. We have of course been receiving many enquiries from customers for advice on what to do and when to import. Clearly without having a crystal ball and knowing what will happen all we can do is to comment on current pricing and general trends which should give some insight. We've been holding off on sending out an update until now, so we could gain some useful perspective.

Everyone wants the best deal so here are our current thoughts which may help you to achieve that.

Prices are definitely falling at auction in Japan by significant amounts as sellers become desperate to clear vehicles. Japan has just had it's lowest annual new car sales figures in several decades and today has officially been classified as slipping into recession, overall this means fewer dealer trade-ins and less stock at auction. But supply is STILL outstripping demand and so auction prices continue to fall overall. The more common models tend to fall in value more quickly as the few buyers out there can really pick and choose. In this respect at least, it's a great time to be a buyer.

While auction prices are falling to unheard of levels, with an exchange rate currently under 63 Yen to the AU dollar this affects the final pricing here in Aust. in the other direction. This means a number of important things as explained below.

Lower priced vehicles such as those under $15,000 complied (1988 and older collector vehicles, AE111 Levins, Legnums, Caldina's, R33 Skylines, Aristo's, Soarers, some cheap race cars like 1996 and older RX-7's and EVO's) are definitely still worth considering as the final price is similar to prices earlier this year. As the vehicles are cheap to buy in Yen, the exchange rate doesn't play as large a part in the final pricing as it does for more expensive vehicles, and there are still some very nice low km examples to be sourced given a little effort.

Vehicles in the $20,000+ range are being significantly hit in terms of total import price due to the exchange rate, this is despite the prices in Japan dropping significantly in the last couple of months. At 62 Yen to the dollar the reality is that it is not really viable to be importing a vehicle of this value compared to the recent pricing of only a few months ago. Of course, there will be the occasional bargain that is still amazingly cheap (if you are in the right place at the right time) and naturally we are still happy to put the effort in to track these down to order if customers wish. But our general advice if for example you want a V35 Skyline, EVO 6, 7 or 8, or other vehicle in the $20,000+ range is to hold off and wait for the exchange rate to recover.

As it is, given that Chistmas and New Year are not far away, anything bought now would not realistically be on road before mid-February 2009. So waiting a couple of months is not going to hurt.

A rate recovery is bound to occur in conjunction with Aust. commodities but how long it will take and the extent of this is impossible to predict at this stage. Our best guess is that the rate could fall a little further before we see a rise in the first few months of 2009. With prices continuing to fall at auction over this time, if we see 70+ Yen to the dollar then there could well be bargains aplenty at auction and those with cash and patience may be well rewarded.

Another option to consider if you want something a little sooner is to grab a vehicle left in stock that one of our suppliers is keen to move at a loss to keep the price the same as what it would have been 2 to 3 months ago, such as this outstanding V35 4-door which is optioned up and in lovely condition:

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/modul...hp?StockID=4686

But you would need to hurry with this approach as suppliers that have not already sold or auctioned their remaining stock at firesale prices are planning to do so very soon to clean out their yards. So let us know what you are looking for and we will let you know if there is anything available that suits and negotiate the best deal.

thanks people for all ur coments. i had been thinking about the whole exchange rate thing...its a pain in the ass realy...so when i saw Nagoya with a stagea in stock i thought it would be a good option.

that said i wont be getting the car till early next year so who knows what could happen between now and then.

for those who would like to know i sent a email off to Nagoya n recived one back the next day...n they confirmed what i thought.

anywho keep any info u peeps have coming...it all helps.