SAU Community

Tuning Ecu

manda23

I think you will find that is already a tuned type device... I am fairly sure it is like we would buy a Unichip in Australia.

Set up in Japan, it would probably be considered a 'tuned' ECU, although I don't think it offers any further adjustment.

It is a set and forget non geniune ECU, that is not able to be tuned.

Could be wrong about this and hopefully someone will give us all their 2 bobs worth!

Sit tight I am sure someone can help, I think there are others that have had one of these.

no one in australia can tuned the Stock ECU yet.

Not entirely true.

A couple of people have the requisite software (for example Pro Concept has the Technosquare product) but he hasn't really done anything with it. I think there are a few people with similar products, but I don't know off the top of my head. Basically some people in Australia can, but don't.

I'm not a big fan of reflashes since its not really expandable, and its hard for tuners to work with. You can get good piggybacks that allow for unlimited, real-time tuning (the VQ35DE ECU's EPROM only has around 1000 flashes in it before it's bricked) so that's what people tend to go for.

I'm a big fan of the TurboXS UTEC. It can act as a piggyback or a full replacement ECU (so you can keep your cold start and run an economy tune), and you can program up to 4 tunes that you can use a switch to change between them. Plug in a laptop and you can use the software to monitor and run diagnostics as well as tune. Install a car PC and you could have digital gauges.

The GReddy E-Manage is the only one I'm aware of that supports tuning the variable valve control on both the intake and exhaust cams, which is only a concern if you have a 221kW engine.

I personally have a NA Unichip, which works reasonably well with bolt-ons.

Edited by scathing

Not entirely true.

A couple of people have the requisite software (for example Pro Concept has the Technosquare product) but he hasn't really done anything with it. I think there are a few people with similar products, but I don't know off the top of my head. Basically some people in Australia can, but don't.

I'm not a big fan of reflashes since its not really expandable, and its hard for tuners to work with. You can get good piggybacks that allow for unlimited, real-time tuning (the VQ35DE ECU's EPROM only has around 1000 flashes in it before it's bricked) so that's what people tend to go for.

I'm a big fan of the TurboXS UTEC. It can act as a piggyback or a full replacement ECU (so you can keep your cold start and run an economy tune), and you can program up to 4 tunes that you can use a switch to change between them. Plug in a laptop and you can use the software to monitor and run diagnostics as well as tune. Install a car PC and you could have digital gauges.

The GReddy E-Manage is the only one I'm aware of that supports tuning the variable valve control on both the intake and exhaust cams, which is only a concern if you have a 221kW engine.

I personally have a NA Unichip, which works reasonably well with bolt-ons.

I'm going to search around for a place in sydney at can give me a power run and see how it's running. I have a exhaust system but was looking at getting a JWT popcharger . Do you think i will notice a difference with performance or only sound.

I think this ecu allows the car to travel more then the cut off speed as i have a DEFI aftermarket HUD for a digital readout of kms when the speedo stops at 180 or 190 whatever it is i think this will keep track of the speed. I'm too scared to find out .

was looking at getting a JWT popcharger . Do you think i will notice a difference with performance or only sound.

Probably only sound. It does sound good, especially past 3000RPM under load.

The 350Z sees pretty much no gain with it, especially not if you just compare it to a K&N drop-in. While the V35's intake is slightly different, it's not by much.

I think this ecu allows the car to travel more then the cut off speed

If you flick the UTEC into full ECU replacement mode (i.e. not acting as a piggyback) it naturally defeats the speed limiter. I don't think the UTEC is smart enough to be able to defeat the limiter in interceptor mode. I don't know of any straight piggyback that does - my Unichip doesn't defeat my 250km/hr limiter.

I'm going to search around for a place in sydney at can give me a power run and see how it's running. I have a exhaust system but was looking at getting a JWT popcharger . Do you think i will notice a difference with performance or only sound.

I think this ecu allows the car to travel more then the cut off speed as i have a DEFI aftermarket HUD for a digital readout of kms when the speedo stops at 180 or 190 whatever it is i think this will keep track of the speed. I'm too scared to find out .

That'll be a good start and I would think you might be able to find the limit on a Dyno, so no need to be scared.

Even 4th should hit it...

You can also have a firm base to continue from.

Edited by Stephen Thorpe