SAU Community

Clutch Problem

Hey guys,

having some problems with my clutch on my 32 gtst. i replaced it about 10 months ago with a heavy duty clutch from repco, and when i did that to press the pedal it was pretty heavy. But along the way my clutch master cylinder started leaking and i never really good it fixed until today. Now its a bit more heavier but sometimes its hard to push the stick into gear. Like to get into first i have to come to a COMPLETE stop and push the pedal in and then put it into first gear, and it feels sometimes pretty rough when it should be feeling smooth.

My mate who changed the clutch master said saw the selector fork when the car was raised and it was really bent.. does this sound like what my problem is? how much would it cost to take it somewhere to get it straightened out?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

if the pedal is hard, i will assume it's been bled properly.

if the master cylinder has an adjustable pushrod, make sure it is adjusted long enough so that when the pedal is pressed in, it is releasing the clutch properly/fully.

if it isn't releasing you will have trouble getting the gears.

how far do you have to lift the clutch to get it to take up/take off?

if you barely lift the clutch and your moving forward, might need a little adjustment to lengthen the pushrod.

by all means could be the fork bending, which will do the same and not allow it to release, but hell that is not very common at all in my books.

thats what my mate told me who put in the clutch master (about the fork).. he says the new clutch master i bought was a few thread's short or something compared to the other one.. but yeah i barely lift the clutch for the car to start moving.. and its hard to get into gears.. also out of no where it will start hunting/jerking so id be going constant 80 then it would jerk while im pushing the accelerator and slow for a bit then picking up just do the sometimes unexpectedly.. it even stalls when im in neutral sometimes going 60

would this all be due to the clutch?

he also says the bled it twice but its so soft its not hard at all