SAU Community

Superlap Oran Park.

Rav

Thanks mate, I normally stop at Gundagai for the night whenever I head up for this or WSID meets, done it a few times now, the return trip isn't too bad in one stint at night because the roads are quiet.

No dramas mate. Keep an eye out for animals though, i do that trip very often and theres heaps of them in certain areas - ive found though, that if you can leave Sydney around 7pm and stick to the speed limit (only stopping for petrol) you'll miss the bad spots as they only come out at certain times at night. A few weeks ago i hit a wallaby/kangaroo out the front of the servo as you come into Melbourne where the roadworks are but i was delayed came came through there about 30mins before dawn, its all in the timing :bunny:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No dramas mate. Keep an eye out for animals though, i do that trip very often and theres heaps of them in certain areas - ive found though, that if you can leave Sydney around 7pm and stick to the speed limit (only stopping for petrol) you'll miss the bad spots as they only come out at certain times at night. A few weeks ago i hit a wallaby/kangaroo out the front of the servo as you come into Melbourne where the roadworks are but i was delayed came came through there about 30mins before dawn, its all in the timing :)

Yeah thats true. Thanks for the advice. Last time took about just over 8 hours to get home from the track (only stopping for fuel).

So I've entered. Looking forward to it. At this stage I'm going with a crew of 4. Going up sat and coming back monday. Staying in campbelltown both nights.

So I've entered. Looking forward to it. At this stage I'm going with a crew of 4. Going up sat and coming back monday. Staying in campbelltown both nights.

Same here iam staying in campbelltown at the Rydges.

Flying up on saturday and flying back on the monday.

I had to choose between Compak Attak at WSID this weekend or Superlap, but I've decided to stick with going up to check Superlap out. Will be cheering on the Vic guys!

Guys dont forget, click the link in my sig for cheap tickets and access to the corporate box SAUNSW has organised ;)

(wristbands for access to corporate box will be in the same package as the envelope waiting at the front gate)

I had to choose between Compak Attak at WSID this weekend or Superlap, but I've decided to stick with going up to check Superlap out. Will be cheering on the Vic guys!

Good choice!

Guys dont forget, click the link in my sig for cheap tickets and access to the corporate box SAUNSW has organised ;)

(wristbands for access to corporate box will be in the same package as the envelope waiting at the front gate)

Are those tickets just for people going to watch?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got 30 more kw's now. Making 230 but only up to about 6500-7000 then it drops off. Looking forward to the extra torque that we made though. Car is almost prepped with only a few things left.

Can't wait!

Yes im super g'd up for this weekend, its going to fantastic, especially to watch oz' fastest cars and to see us Vic guys giving it a shot.

Superlap here we come!!!

Changed my mind and decided to fly up for the day rather than drive.

Also will be taking pics for www.fullboost.com.au from the event :D

Ben thats all right, does that mean you get better acess all area's.

Flying up is more likely cheaper this days then driveing, Might see you at the airport.