SAU Community

Damn Thing Nearly Cuts Out!

JMW

Hoping you guys on the forum might be able to help :cheers:

I have an R33 GTS-t series II 4 door manual. THe problem im having is whenever im in traffic and on and off the clutch, in a drive through or just getting in the driveway at home, the engine seems to nearly stall. Have cleaned AFM, recently fitted "cheap" dump pipe a HPI split front pipe. Any ideas on what could be causing this little gremlin would be a great help :P

I think I know eactly how to fix the problem.

You car seems to have a problem where they made a mistake and put too many doors on it. Simply unbolt the rear doors, and weld plates over where they were, and all of your problems should go away.

lol.

Do you have an aftermarket blow off valve? If you do, then a lot of people here are going to kill you.

I think I know eactly how to fix the problem.

You car seems to have a problem where they made a mistake and put too many doors on it. Simply unbolt the rear doors, and weld plates over where they were, and all of your problems should go away.

lol.

Do you have an aftermarket blow off valve? If you do, then a lot of people here are going to kill you.

See know that could be the problem lol, but no, standard BOV, Trust Airinx air filter and hard pipe, Greddy 'cooler. Was almost thinking it could be coil packs, but does not miss when on boost (9psi low and 12psi high)

Thanks fellas!

Just picked up an aacv from Japanese Import spares as was surprised at the amount of crap that does collect in them. Gave it a good clean inside and out and will fit it tonight.

Also going to give the fuel pump hard wiring a go over the next few days too.

If thats doesn't fix the problem then i'll give the diagnostic a go.

Such a wealth of knowledge, thanks again :domokun:

I have the same problem in my 33 gts-t. Also every time i fuel up, it just cuts out straight away. But not so long ago i had to use 95 octane fuel because they ran out of 98 octane, and never had that problem. So i think the problem is also that because 98 octane fuel burns slower it is not making sufficient burning thats just my thought. But don't use 95 on a turbo car it can cause detonation - bad.

reset ur ecu

i had this problem after having an atmo bov on for a couple of days then putting the stock one back on. Car was still stalling and acting up on idle

ended up taking off and cleaning aac valve, cleaning afm, playing with tps did heaps of stuff then i just ended up resetting the ecu by unplugging the battery and pressing brake, turning lights etc on to drain all the power and then plugged it back in and ran perfect.

Some say u need to do more then that to reset the ecu so maybe a good idea to do what i did then leave it unplugged overnight