SAU Community

Project-mu Time Attack Series

MountainRunner

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully a fair few nissans at the first event of the year. rock on tuesday, and piss off rain!

:D

Mick

Well said Mick. Piss off rain!

It will be awesome to see your beast out there and catch up with you too :cheers:

Hey wrxkilla!

what happend?

+1

have never met you and didn't even come and introduce myself but your car is very sexy

hope whatever happened isnt a big (time & money wise) problem

ps. thanks for a great day Paul - was awesome despite the wetness

i think mick just split a silicon join on one of his intercooler pipes.. not a biggy, but stopped him from running (sadface). Good to meet a few of you yesterda (Zennon, Mick). I see a long learning process ahead for me. Maybe its time to head out to the go-karts for some practice on raceing lines :(

lol

yeah mine split come silicon cooler pipe. Sorry wasnt feeling sociable, was upset ans sulkin in self pity... lol :P

Was pretty gutted as I was desperate to have a full run in the dry. Some impressive cars.

Will upload my shite pics in about 5 mins...

:D

The afternoon dired out and was not too bad. Good pics Mick, can you email me them so I can use some on the website. Thanks.

The rounds 1 points are up on the time attack website now. Congrats to the guys who did well.

Time to start thinking about round 2 on Feb 24.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

ROUND 2, TUESDAY FEB 24

The next track day is two weeks away. Its the same format with general timed sprints in the morning and the Project Mu Time Attack Series Round 2 in the afternoon.

If you want to get booked in, join up at www.TimeAttack.com.au

See you there.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heya Paul! Yeah it's been quite a while mate....I'm good...how bout ya and mikey? I've gone from twinturbo to vtec now with the s2000 2.2L and have been doing trackdays at the Sepang International Circuit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It's an awesome 5.5km track and being a F1 venue, upkeep of track condition is very good. Planning to take part in timeattack events there this year and hopefully place in the top 3 for the relevant class....wun be easy with lotsa competitively built cars and drivers with lots of experience on Sepang. Been trying to get sponsors too. F1 - 1min30++s, Super GT - 1min50++s, Porsche RSR Cup - 2min10s, Fully lightened 500bhp HKS Evo - 2min16s, J's Racing Taikyu S2000 - 2min24s.......all on slicks. All freaking fast. My personal best now is 2min37s, stock engine, stock drivetrain, semislicks...with the usual bolt-ons, intake, headers, exhaust, suspension and a tuned Hondata K-Pro ecu. Hoping to clock down the fastest street NA/s2000 timing by this yearend. :/

I miss timeattacks @ QR with u guys!!! I see my timing drop further and further down the Timeattack hall of fame charts, saddening but that means everyone is getting faster, which is awesome! I wished I had more trackdays @ QR to put down faster lap times~

Currently working in Singapore dealing with forex and derivatives...been quite happy with the job, had about 4-5 business trips to Japan last year as I mainly deal more closely with our Japanese clients. Still planning to make a trip back to Brissy sometime to meet with everyone and have dinner etc. Couple of slidewize skidpan sessions and timeattack rides @ QR would be awesome! :)