SAU Community

First Time Down Wsid

Scottie

Hey guys i went down wsid for the first time on the wicked wednesday and the fastest time i managed was 14.313 with a 60 foot time of 2.264. But it was insanely hot and humid down there with air temp at 75 and a rel humidity of 100 I had the car dynoed acouple of weeks ago and it was putting out 175 rwkw at 12 pound. But i also had to change the CAS before i went down and couldnt get the timing right without the right tools the following mods to the car are fmic, 3 inch turbo back exhuast, retuned stock ecu by toshi and apexi pod and thats it.

Not to mention i had trouble trying to maintain grip through first gear which was reducing my 60 foot time i could not get any better than the 2.264 I am running 235/45/17 maxis tyres yes i know there a cheap tyre however i thought they would have griped better than they did

Yeah was very hot and humid out there!

A work mate has an xr6t which a few weeks back ran a 12.6 @ 111

all he could manage last night was 13.1 @ 109

So dont worry about the times - just go again when the cooler months are in :D

well with the launching at about 4000 to 4500 rpm and i was slipping the clutch out didnt use the hand brake at all, all though i was gonna try on my last run but it rained when i was in the tunnel :D. The clutch is a brass button so there's bugger all give in it. I wasnt just rev rev dumping it otherwise i would have ended up smoking the rears. Those tyres are shit house i was spining all of first, cherping second and third at 120km a hour so i beleave i can improve my 60 foot alot with better tyres what 60 foot times should i be looking at with my mods and semi decent tyres ?

with the same power on 255's on 17's (deflated to 19psi), stock suspension, in an S14 series 1, I managed a best of 13.8 with 1.9 60ft.

it had a stock clutch so I had more room to play with in launch.

Did you deflate your tyres at all?

what suspension?

75 degree track temp?

I'd say you would at least get a flat 14 in better weather.

lol 75 degree air temp lol, you would start to cook if the air was that hot, the tyres would probably melt from the heat being absorbed by the black tarmac.

my engine bay only gets to 70degrees maximum on a 40 degree day while sitting in traffic.

I'm not sure if your engine is running as good as it should. I hope im wrong but the dyno stats you told us for those mods are pretty weak. im using mine and a friends car on here as an example. My friend gets about 196ish rwkw with turbo back 3inch -3.5 inch cat back, high flow cat, $500 fmic from just jap, toshi remap, brass button clutch running 10psi, spitfire coils, ngk iridium spark plugs. considerable more power than yours even using 2 psi less boost pressure than yours.

Mine recently got 192.5rwkw with just 3inch front/dump, xforce highflow cat, 3.5 inch catbck. exedy organic hd clutch, $500 fmic, original coils with ngk platnium sparks, 10psi boost... original nissan spec factory ecu (no remap at all) and the dyno was done on a very humid wet day with 25-28 degree air temp.

or the car might have just had a hard life, either way tha stats dont sound right with my experience.

well yeah your right sorry the track temp was 75 degress and your right it wasnt running to its full potential l as well. I have had a vct problem and just replaced the cas and couldn't get the timing right considering i dont have a timing light which sucks ass and i am not sure if the cas fixed the vct. With the vct fixed it should be pulling the 190 rwkw mark. But i also distroyed the cat last night to by the sounds off it and i think a chunk of cat is parsoualy blocking the exhuast but i will be getting that checked today

Drag racing isnt as easy as it sounds/looks. I have gone quite a few times and I can never get it right!!

when my car was stock-ish it ran 14.5 with jsut a cat back and pod, as with GTST it was standard clutch, I also had standard suspension and did a 1.9 60 footer.

The temperatures come from the Compulink Timing System and are not accurate in the least. The timing system has shown 75deg and 100% humidity for as long as anyone can remember. Don't pay any attention to them whatsoever.

It used to work, that's why I didn't say it 'never' worked.

It seems like it's been bodgy for a long time, that's all.

LOL @ racing in 100% humidity. I reckon it was close to that the night the place opened.

ah ok well that maybe so but they wrote the track temp on the wall at the tunnel saying 171 f so it still was fricking hot. But other than getting better tyres and getting my vct working propley is there much esle other than practising or moding the car more that i can do to improve the time ?

Did you take out everything you didn't need? Spare wheel tools junk old hungry jacks wrappers? Stock suspension is good for drag racing, tell me your not running 17" chromes? Use the stock nissan wheel with mickey thompsons

lol no i dont have chromies. I couldn't risk driving down the freeway without a spare so the spare was in there but everything else was out of the car. But i am thinking about investing in a pair of stock wheels and a pair of falken rt 615's. But how much would micky thompsons be ?