SAU Community

350gt/cvt8 - No Screen Nor Dvd?

Hi guys,

New to this forum but got a question about the 350GT8 in local yard.

It got no screen/lcd in the middle of the panel...just left with storage box.

also no dvd unit too.

Is this normal just because different model?

Or probably took out by the deal??

If it seems to be okay I'll be one of the v35 family :D

Cheers

Thx guys, I was also looking for the details about the english translation menu too, looks like i dont need to worry about it.

Will confirm with dealer and prob pick up the car in the next couple days~

make sure the 6cd works. where are you btw?

SE Melb, but the car is at North side

Before you hand your hard earned cash over for a CVT-8, do a search on the forums.

You have been warned. :D

Yea, i have read pretty much all the treads in this section, knows about the CVT oil cost like 1.5K and 15~18K to replace it.

Heard that in West side of the town got Nissan deal can service it~?

And also spoke to the dealer, he says if the warranty dont cover the whole lot if need to get it repalced, he will cover it (not sure if that true but will get it clarify before I hand over the money.

Btw...v35 all come with HID/XEON headlight? or the base model got the normal style halogen?

cheers

Before you hand your hard earned cash over for a CVT-8, do a search on the forums.

You have been warned. :D

Take this man's advice...pleeeeeeeease!!

V35 is a great car, even better without the extra electronic gizmo's in it (unless you can get a guarantee that it'll work forever!...mmmm...dunno if that's possible)

First mod I did was to have everything with a Bose label on it taken out, and a 2Din kit put (screen out aswell/storage box put in it's place) so I could do my own thang...and the one you've seen is already done! (spec'd from factory or dealer?...who cares)

But the CV8?.....please research it!...lot's of V35's coming on-line now!!..Lot's to choose from!

Take this man's advice...pleeeeeeeease!!

V35 is a great car, even better without the extra electronic gizmo's in it (unless you can get a guarantee that it'll work forever!...mmmm...dunno if that's possible)

First mod I did was to have everything with a Bose label on it taken out, and a 2Din kit put (screen out aswell/storage box put in it's place) so I could do my own thang...and the one you've seen is already done! (spec'd from factory or dealer?...who cares)

But the CV8?.....please research it!...lot's of V35's coming on-line now!!..Lot's to choose from!

Is the CV8 really that bad?? or just because it dont get properly service in Aust yet?

The main purpose of this car I am getting is just for temporary...like 1 or 2 yr before i get a dream/proper job, so can get rib of my accord which the dealer welling to trade in for 7k`:)

need something goes tracks/family sytle~ :P

The CVT8 is not bad in itself, its just the unknown costs of repair and servicing that you have to risk in the event something bad happens. If you are planning to keep it only for a year or two, even more reason to stay away from them, as you will probably have a hard time re-selling it in two years time when the reputation of the CVT8s becomes common knowledge.

Stick with the 5spd Auto or 6MT if you can find one and try and get your hands on a series 2 12/2004 and onwards.

Taking a CVT8 to the track you are asking for trouble.

The CVT8 is not bad in itself, its just the unknown costs of repair and servicing that you have to risk in the event something bad happens. If you are planning to keep it only for a year or two, even more reason to stay away from them, as you will probably have a hard time re-selling it in two years time when the reputation of the CVT8s becomes common knowledge.

Stick with the 5spd Auto or 6MT if you can find one and try and get your hands on a series 2 12/2004 and onwards.

Taking a CVT8 to the track you are asking for trouble.

Nismo...I like your work!!..good advice, which I hope he takes.

+1!!

i know the CVT8 sedan drives smoother then the normal ones but alot of places have told me that once you start pushing the car harder the cvt will start to slip and break in time.. they arent bad but like john said stick with normal ones oh and the S2 5AT has a lil more tourqe then the cvt8 auto :P