SAU Community

Major Dramas R32 Gtr Running Rough As After Detail

Hey people am having some dramas with my R32 GTR:

I had a go at cleaning my engine bay the other day as the car has been off the road for the last year +, all went good so I decided to give it a bit better clean today.

I alfoiled up some electrical bits WP40 others and then went about degreasing the left-handside of the engine bay and then spraying scrubing etc

When I started the car up it blew out a lot of what looked like water out the exhaust?

The car idled very rough and when given acceleration sounded very hollow, backing off the acceleration the car would drop to around 300rpm and them slowly and sparatically make ts way back to 1100rpm.

I then took the car for a short drive - it had trouble taking off and then a complete loss of power and started blowing blue smoke - i took it straight back to the shed where i kept it idling for around half an hour or so.

The car kept engaging "clicking" something that would drop idle rpm and then slowly work its way back up to normal rpms!

The car stopped doing this after 20 odd minutes but any time i tried to drive it - would blow blue smoke and loose all power?

(The car hasnt been driven much in the last year but had it running perfectly and took for a decent drive about two weeks ago after I got it back from panel and paint)

(Also having a small fuel relay issue which means the fuel pump is earthed engaging as soon as ignition is switched cant see how that could have anything to do with it though???

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated????

Thanks,

Dan

When you said you haven't started up the car in a year... did you simply wash the engine bay and then start up the car for the very first time in a year without manually cranking over the engine to build oil pressure?

Or did you do all of this before you washed the engine bay?

When you said you haven't started up the car in a year... did you simply wash the engine bay and then start up the car for the very first time in a year without manually cranking over the engine to build oil pressure?

Or did you do all of this before you washed the engine bay?

Nah this was all done weeks ago and had the car running smick around 2 weeks ago where everything was checked and took it for a decent run!

Am going to take coils / plugs out and see if i can find any moisture then i guess i will start with electronics?

that sounds like moisture/water in the coil packs. I had the same thing when i had an sr20. Try getting an air pressure hose and dry the coils (if there is water/moisture there)

Yeh took colpack cover off today and the first three plugs were caked with water so have cleaned area out, cleaned plugs and dried coils. The car is definitely running better but still has loss of power no boost and blowing a lot of white smoke/oil out the exhaust?

Bit stumped now as to what could be making it burn oil?