SAU Community

Help - R33 Radiator Into A R32

Redsuns88

Hello all..

Thought a nice upgrade for cooling would be a R33 radiator being bigger and thinner into a R32.... so please if you dont mind sharing.. what should i do? has anyone done it ? mind sharing the steps and the not to and what to do please :cool:

From a friend of mine that has an R33 in his R32 he says the radiator cap hits the bonnet.

1 question: how is it an upgrade if its bigger but thinner? sounds kind of redundant to me. (CBF looking up dimensions of each core)

Theres no point mate. 3 reasons:

1) The mounts on the top dont line up

2) The R33 radiator is taller and will foul the bonnet

3) It isnt actually an upgrade in any way.

Your better off getting an after market ally item

Get an aftermarket alloy unit.

I blew my stock radiator pipe off in December, destroyed the hose connector at the top.

Gave up on trying to connect the rubber hose to the shortened connector, and bought a radiator from Just Jap (planned fill-in).

Drop-in replacement, everything lined up, but the only thing it did not have was the lower bolts for the shroud (used the top mounted though).

Everything was in the same spot, swap for swap, and after filling it up, and bleeding it correctly, it did well.

I blew my stock radiator in a 35 degree day, I drove my car to Brisbane a few days before NYE, and drove around in the city on NYE in 38 degree heat, in the city in stop-start traffic. No issues, no heating problems, A/C pumping away, it was fantastic.

Might not swap this radiator unless I find it absolutely cruicial for some sort of application.

B.