SAU Community

Aircon Stopped Blowing! Help!

MoogLe

today for some reason after disconnecting and reconnecting my battery, all of the sudden my A/C no longer blows and i started hearing a clicking sound in my dash.

I'm suspecting something to do with a vent being stuck closed, maybe all the air is being relayed to the vents that blow the windows or something i dont know.

So can someone please give me some info on this?

I've read about a blend motor that can get worn down, but could it prevent air from being blown through the vents entirely?

no, definately not a spark way too loud and clunky

hmmmm thanks for the fuse idea though

i took out the fuse and tried it out and nothing changed, so it could definately be the fuse.

gonna go to a parts store and have the fuse checked!

The clicking sound is either the clutch on the compressor or a relay. When you disconnected/reconnected the battery you may have accidentally earthed it out our caused an intermittent voltage spike.

If its not blowing any air at all it will be the fuse for the heater fan/blower motor assembly.

Check all the fuses in the engine bay and in the fuse box located in the dash under the steering wheel. The easiest way to test them is with a test light. Just remember to test both points on the fuse for power. If only one point lights up the fuse is blown. Also be sure to replace the fuse with the manufacturer specified amperage.

Hope this helps.

well, i checked all the fuses and relays marked as A/C and i didnt find anything,

i'm going to take a look at the blower

is there a way to test that?

oh and it's not the clutch/compressor, that's a different sound and i can still feel the compressors kick in when i turn it on as i feel my rpm's rise when it's on

dude,

you have NO IDEA how much i searched for this problem, but all that kept coming up was AC regassing problems, PBR problems and so on, nothing that sounded like what i had

but OMG i'm so hoping that this is the problem i'm having!!!!!

And i have a buddy with a wrecked skyline so it would be the perfect opportunity to get the part,

i am taking my glove box out TOMMOROW to check this out.

I'm so glad i kept bumping this thread so you replied, otherwise i would have ended up taking my dash off for nothing!

guilt-toy, you are officially my hero!

Whats your email adress? I will send you the Guilt-Toy Hero application form, if your application is successfull you can begin to pay your $50 a month membership fee and you get access to the private forums.