SAU Community

"clunk" Oh Noes!

joeleo87

Ever since ive had my GTR (about 9 months) ive always had the vibration shudder at low revs, im not sure when the clutch was last changed so i figured its a mixture of warped flywheel and hammered clutch, so ive nursed it until i had the cash to buy and new clutch kit.

today i got a wheel alignment and im pretty sure when they moved my car onto the ramp they absolutely thrashed the shit out of it to get it up there! on the way home, at about 3000rpm first gear there was a clunk noise (too hard to tell where it was coming from) and i lost my revs and i my accelerator was non responsive????? i nursed it home big time, at one set of lights the car was hunting for a short period, 5-10 seconds????

im going to take it into the mechanics on monday and get them to have a look, but in the mean time does any1 have any ideas?

cheers

U mean to say that they thrashed the car after the alignment? Anyway, they dont need to drive the car anyway.

Idle hunting could be a simple fix - aac valve and other things.

Ur running a series 2 rb25det?

The clunk could be a million things. Hows the oil pressure? does it boost ok? any funny sound at idle? What mods have you got?

EDIT - sorry i re read your post and figured you have an rb26 not rb25.

Edited by Ultimategtr

my cushion button clutch in my R33 Gtst is a bit clunky at low revs, sometimes jerks a bit so could just be a harsh clutch or something. But sounds like its developed additional problems since then?

If you think its coming from your gearbox/flywheel area then maybe its best to just change the clutch to be sure