SAU Community

4wd light in r32 gts4

druzilla32

Hey, I hope someone can help me out with this...

When i start the car the 4wd light will stay off for about 15 secs.. then will go on until i turn the car off again.. During the time the light is on it is only rwd...

I can get the 4wd to work for only a few seconds... When i am moving i turn the car off for about 10 secs the turn it back on... The ABS and 4wd lights stay in until i stop... I then have 4wd for about 5 seconds until the light comes back on...

I got the problem after I got my clutch changed....

Can anyone help pleeease.?

I would say check your fuses (especially the ones in the engine bay), but it sounds like it has something to do with when you had your clutch changed. Maybe they forgot to connect some wires up? or nicked some so the don't have full contact.

Hopefully someone knows what's going on.

Try the fuses, who knows? maybe onces about to go...

yer i have checked all the fuses.. changed them all over and the same thing happens :D

ive tried changing fuses around

starting the car while moving

and resetting the computer...

I had the 4wd working for about 5 mins the other night.. I thought it might have fixed itself, but the next morning when i turned her back on the light came on again...

:confused:

Originally posted by druzilla32

yer i have checked all the fuses.. changed them all over and the same thing happens :P

ive tried changing fuses around

starting the car while moving

and resetting the computer...

I had the 4wd working for about 5 mins the other night.. I thought it might have fixed itself, but the next morning when i turned her back on the light came on again...

:confused:

It is necessary to remove air from a control system 4wd, a nipple for removal(distance) of air on transfer, the second above differential,

You need to bleed air out of the ATTESSA system if it has been disconected and check the reservior located in the boot on the drivers side behind a trim panel it has a min/max level indicator that needs to be checked with the ingnition turned on as the level will change as the oil drains back to the reservior if the ignition is turn off for a while. The warning light will come on and the system will shut down (go into 2wd mode) when this level in the reservior isn't in the specified area (min/max), this might be what wrong with your car.

Bleeding ATTESSA:

There is two bleed nipples the first is located above rear differential on a hydraulic unit, the second on the rear lower part of the transfer case, you need to check the level in the reservior before bleeding the system, there is a white plug that is taped onto the wiring harness near the accelerator pedal when the kick panel is removed this needs to be unpluged to provide pressure to the system full time when the ignition is switched on.

Procedure:

Switch ignition on.

Open and close bleeder on tranfer case one second at a time, repeat until all air is discharged.

tighten bleeder to 10nm or 7.2 ft-lb.

Connect the plug and fit the kick panel.

You can sometimes hear the electric pumps prime the ATTESSA system when doing a cold start.

In the service manual it says to use "only special nissan power steering fluid" in the reservior, in the transfer case it says to use nissan automatic fluid D Approx 1.8 litres.

If all else fails:

ATTESSA (4WD) has diagnostics, the R32 GTR and GTS4 have a ETS control unit under the under the rear parcel shelf accessible from the boot, this control unit has a LED on it to display system fault codes but these codes only display on the unit if the 4WD light on the dash stays on during driving.

The LED on the ETS control unit will flash the code contiuously even when the ignition is turned off.

If you find out the codes, I will be able to tell you exactly whats wrong with your 4WD system.

MEGA

MegaGTS4 YOU ARE MY GOD

:)

I checked the 4wd pump pump in the boot and after i started the car and the oil was primed out the was like half a mil left in there... I filled it up to where is should be and its now perfect..

Now i can go scare some people off the lights :)

Thanks heaps for your help!

If it not secret, tell, where it is possible to find the book from which these pages are taken? If you will help us to find such book strongly will help with service of ours Skylines, I am one of representatives skyline club in city Vladivostok, in Russia

• 10 years later...

This infotmation has been some what helpful to find out why my 4wd light is on. I hope I can work out what it is. Im new to the skyline community. Gave up the h4 community for the rb. So these are unknown dramas to me.