SAU Community

R33 Aerial Rope Snapped... What Rope Suits?

BAMR33

Hey guys,

As per title I'm trying to find out what rope will suit the r33 aerial motor. A part number would be great or another car that uses the size aerial and rope would also help here.

So far I have tried a falcon rope & mast but it was the wrong size rope.

Any help appreciated.

remove your old mast and take into autobarn or something simelar and match one up.iv done it a few times.not hard, as explained in the other thread.

EDIT: Explain "wrong size rope"

Edited by Jack88

if hes complaining about it being 6mm too long i suggest he deals with it,it fits works fine so whats the problem?im well aware of the unit he is refuring to...iv been selling them for a number of years.

Don't care about the length, It's the thickness of the rope that prevents it from being feed into the motor.

Jack88 I don't know whether you have a different aerial motor to me but there's no way the ap12 would wind on mine. I've previously pulled the plastic case apart and the ap12 was to thick to even feed through to get it started.

Don't care about the length, It's the thickness of the rope that prevents it from being feed into the motor.

Jack88 I don't know whether you have a different aerial motor to me but there's no way the ap12 would wind on mine. I've previously pulled the plastic case apart and the ap12 was to thick to even feed through to get it started.

i see,interesting that you say the ropes too thick,from memory all the ropes iv seen come from various models have been the same.the motors them selfs would be the same so thats not the prob.

i remember when i was searching around to do one i came to the solution that as long as the end tip was the same as the original one it would fit and it did. going through the aerpro book the only one that i can see coming close to being the same is the AP12.