SAU Community

What A/c Do You Guys Have In Your House?

gtrkiet

I sell split systems at my work.

Pete I can see what I can do if you want?

Personally Id suggest the Mitusbishi units or even the kelvinator (electrolux).. Got a 1.5 HP Kelvinator Inverter for around $800. Got a mitsi 2hp, can see what I can get that for if ur interested?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sell split systems at my work.

Pete I can see what I can do if you want?

Personally Id suggest the Mitusbishi units or even the kelvinator (electrolux).. Got a 1.5 HP Kelvinator Inverter for around $800. Got a mitsi 2hp, can see what I can get that for if ur interested?

yes please flicky...just get a few prices for a 25 squ metre area (std height ceilings) if that's OK....not sure if 1.5 hp would be enough or whether I need a tad bigger?

cheers

No probs pete! Id say 1.5HP would be fine for that size but i can check on our programme we have at work, we can enter in measurements and room sizes etc to get a better idea.

Will let you know tommorow

mitsubishi are really good too

reliable, freezing cold, usually a bit cheaper than the fujitsu etc. theyre well made units. forget the chinese ones. they dont even conform to their own specs.

a 2hp for a single room would do the trick

i have a 3.5 hp in the loungeroom and it reaches most of the house.

x2 for the Mutsubishi units.one of the best on the market. Ive owned 3x 3.5hp units and wouldn't buy anything else. Pay for a holiday to SA and ill install it for you.

thanks everyone for the help....this is a great response

Steve, ask Shanon how much to fit a split in Walkerville.....I'll supply the drinks, you and I can help him ! :happy:

Yep, evap can eat my buttocks.

I don't care how cheap the thing is to run if there's no difference with it on or off!

Ducted Daikin inverter here - cost a few beans to do, but when it comes to my comfort in summer and the comfort of pregnant women and babies / small children I couldn't put a price on it.

i got too admit we have ducted evap that works really well MOST of the time and does a great job BUT there are a few days of the yr where the evap just dosent make the grade .

hence why i want to put a split system in the family room . the family room and the kitchen are really one big room separted by a island type bench . but as we spend most of the time in the family room i think we would benifit from the split . actually it really dosent even need to heat as we have a wood fire and a gas heater there . but refrige cooling would be great .

enough of my ramblings .

cheers dean

evaps are fine if you buy the right brand and more importantly the correct "hp" motor....always best to get bigger then you need so the unit isn't struggling to work properly.

Just like buying a turbo! :)

Currently have a cheapo 1hp Chinese branded split type A/C (branded "Chillair") in my room, that my parents bought in some Chinese A/C shop. Unit is just over $300 (MUCH cheaper than any other 1hp models that we saw in the main stream shops) & I forgot how much the install was; my parents called up tons of places & found a Vintam guy to install it for the cheapest price.

The A/C is about as generic as you can get, standard compressor, not a inverter model & pretty much just set the temp buttons & on/off switch. No other features, but it works wonders. can cool my room to under 18C when its about >40C outside.

Also the main living room is fitted with a massive old box type National branded A/C, it may be old & may make a sh*t load of noise when on, but it totally kicks the crap out of all the evap units family friends have in the cooling department.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

Also the main living room is fitted with a massive old box type National branded A/C, it may be old & may make a sh*t load of noise when on, but it totally kicks the crap out of all the evap units family friends have in the cooling department.

YES!!! We have a national 2.0 or 2.5hp wall unit, circa 20 years old, and STILL blows 16 degrees set on cold. Hasn't missed a beat! Gets helped out by the new daikin 2.5hp inverter on real hot days tho.