SAU Community

About To Get V35 350gt

Fuel efficiency is never Nissan's strength, that's why fuel-conscious people end up buying Hondas.

My bro moved from Honda Civic which uses around 6-7l/100km to Accord Euro and he complaint it's using too much petrol at around 9l/100km

Go figure. Too much or too little is subjective.

danny I hope you've actually tested a few V35 e.g. dealer test drive before actually buying one... if you can find one at a good price why not, especially in these times where A$ just only hovering around 50 to the Yen, it will be quite expensive exercise to import one from Japan...

If you wanna use the dvd/satnav you need to piggy back an aftermarket system on to the factory one. can't do anything on the factory one it will always be there sitting 'useless'. ask Chris Rogers but he's in Brisbane, maybe he knows someone good in Melb or maybe he want to organise another trip down here... if you're willing to bear the airline cost.

Same story with TV tuner. Jap TV won't work here. Piggy back it with aftermarket unit. You get lotsa remote in the car :-) might as well get a remote tray/organiser they sell in furniture stores and double side taped them to the dash.

I filled up petrol yesterday, 65ltr, maybe about 5km away from home. Travelled around 45km today to work and back. So I've used about 50km. my trip computer says I've got another 490km left to go so potentially it is 540km per tank of 65ltr plus a few more (maybe 5-10ltr) in my tank before I fill up - I may have 70 or 75ltr tank capacity.

but by experience I could probably get 20-30km extra than what the trip computer says.

That would make my average fuel consumption for daily work commuting around 560km-ish with around 65-70ltr so it works out about 11.5 to 12.5ltr /100km

tiptronic is effortless in city traffic. keep it in normal mode and it shifts up nicely (unless you got one with dodgy transmission), turn the power mode on and it will hold the gear longer and shift up a bit responsively. not bad for a quick spin. never driven the manual version but I reckon the shift action will be similar to 350Z as they should be using the same gearbox. got a friend with manual 350Z ?

• 4 weeks later...

Danny, hope you come to your senses and buy one of these great cars. If not mucked around with--they are very reliable. Servicing is cheap would be cheaper than Lexus-Mines got 38K klms. now and mechanic says still have anoth 10 before I even look at brakes.

Consumption is around 9klm(11/100) a litre on busy syd roads or 15klm(<7/100),/ highways. I cant work out how people think toyotas or hondas are better. My brothers 3.5 ltre Aurion albeit auto-does not get this. & Auto CRV Honda 2.4only slightly better.Mines manual but from all I hear the auto is very little diff.