SAU Community

About To Get V35 350gt

hey guys..

im thinking of getting a 350gt after i sell my lexus..

most of the 350's for sale are auto's? and there arent many manuals

wats the performance difference on the auto vs manual?

i've read the premium pack vs non premium pack thread and got some ideas..

also if the cars got DVD/satnav from factory how can i get it to work in aus?

and last of all are these cars expensive to run? do they run into much reliability problems??

cheers any help with be appreciated

hey guys..

im thinking of getting a 350gt after i sell my lexus..

most of the 350's for sale are auto's? and there arent many manuals

wats the performance difference on the auto vs manual?

also if the cars got DVD/satnav from factory how can i get it to work in aus?

and last of all are these cars expensive to run? do they run into much reliability problems??

Welcome to the club, if you decide to join ;-)

It's a pain in the ass to get a manual, i waited a good 2-3 months to find a premium in manual. If you look HARD (i.e. interstate) you may find yourself luck. In some cases its cheaper to buy it and drive it cross state.

Chris Rogers is best to ask about the DVD/SatNav stuff - but it probably cost you upwards of $500 with ease i'd say.

A car is as reliable as how much you service it, in saying that, if its been thrashed in Japan before it was shipped... things are going to break.

Good luck in your search!

hey guys..

im thinking of getting a 350gt after i sell my lexus..Good idea!

most of the 350's for sale are auto's? and there arent many manuals..6 spd manuals are rare but are not too hard to find, just be prepared to pay a bit more

wats the performance difference on the auto vs manual? Manuals are a tad quicker than autos, but the 5spd Auto's aren't weak either.

also if the cars got DVD/satnav from factory how can i get it to work in aus?...call Chris Rogers

and last of all are these cars expensive to run? do they run into much reliability problems?? ...I have two of them, haven't had any issues at all apart from normal servicing *touch wood* of I did have the notorius CD ERR F0 that stuffs up your 6 CD stacker. Fuel wise are pretty good for a 3.5L V6. You can get anywhere from 800kms to a tank 100% highway or around 600kms mixture of city and highway.

Nice move from the Lexus

As much as i would have liked to get a 6 speed, the price difference wasent worth it for me since im not going to take my car to the track + my girl can only drive auto

performance wise my 5 speed auto threw down 170rwkw and BLISTIC 6 speed threw down 177rwkw so much of a muchness

I've driven both auto and manual and I coulnd't tell any significant power difference, the auto does go hard. I went with manual as I thought it would hold it value better compare to the mountain of auto's out there.

I've got mine for sale atm, you can come check it out if your in Melbourne.

I've driven both auto and manual and I coulnd't tell any significant power difference, the auto does go hard. I went with manual as I thought it would hold it value better compare to the mountain of auto's out there.

I've got mine for sale atm, you can come check it out if your in Melbourne.

yes i did have a look at yours

very intrested im located in sydney though..

hows the fuel consumption like on these cars?

keep it at sedate highway driving most of the time you can easily see 10L/100km - some people even got less.

average daily driving with stop and go traffic is around 11~12L/100km

have a heavy right foot and unleash its power every time, the car can easily go on the wrong side of 14L/100km

eh... 10L per 100km

thats abit too much

my current lexus does around 6L on the free way around 9-10L on city driving..

hm...

if i was to buy the car ill have to fly to melb first :happy:

Welcome to the world of Skyline...

IMHO, in terms of build quality, the V35 is good but it's not quite up there yet, I'm sure the Lexus has a much better build quality and luxury feel.

After my R33, I wanted a luxury cruiser, in which the IS250 fits the bill, but I can't afford nor willing to pay the $60k asking price for a 2nd hand Sports Luxury trim with big wheels sunroof navi etc.

So I went back to the world of importing and get a V35. I'm not sure which lexus you have but any IS previous or current have smaller capacity and lower power output than the V35 (except IS-F but that's totally a whole new different game) so it is reasonable for V35 fuel consumption to be 'too much' coming off from Lexus world. Honda and Toyota are among those japanese car makers that have the best fuel consumptions in the market... and toyota build lexus...

eh... 10L per 100km

thats abit too much

hm...

if i was to buy the car ill have to fly to melb first :ninja:

Thats a bit 2 much?.... dont take this the wrong way but you own a lexus and are worried about spending a little bit more on petrol $$ :happy:

eh... 10L per 100km

thats abit too much

hm...

if i was to buy the car ill have to fly to melb first :happy:

Is your Lexus 3.5L V6 as well?

rofl alan...

didnt expct to see ya..

I'm everywhere :)

quite sure my rx does around 9.7-10 L average.. which i think it's good a 4wd + 2T weight

That's pretty impressive. My Z stock couldn't manage that kind of economy. I'd be 10-11L/100km around town, and that's with me working night shift so there was a minimum of braking.