SAU Community

Boost Control Install

94 skyline

Hay

Just having trouble with my boost T it will on go up to 6psi max any ideas why this is could there be a fault with the boost T where would the best place to take it and get it installed and how much they usually charge .

thanks

Could be a few things - missing the little ball inside the boost t? (is it brand new??)

You could have it installed in the wrong lines?

You could have changed the vaccume line and its too big now to control boost correctly etc.

Follow the DIY here on skylinesaustralia - its pretty straight foward... if you have any dramas pop me a PM and i'll see if i can give you a hand.

Dayne

I can have a look for you and install it if it's not installed properly. Won't take more than 10mins, unless you've done something funky.

The last time I helped someone install one, they decided to install it on a line to the Carbon canister.

Edited by StinkyPoo

When putting in a T peice as a boost controller and its fully open and/or closed depending on what type it is you can creat "overboost". Popps/splutters and lack of grunt can occur during overboost. Included is air/fuel ratio, do you have an intercooler and some of the other upgrade gear like zorst, filter etc..

However if you heard a loud "pop" and then heaps o smoke it is likely the turbs is farked.

Get a mech to confirm your issue. To be sure to be sure.

BTW - 7psi is stock from memory and 14-15psi would be max (straight through, no restrictions)

Edited by Sinista32

try the traders on the forums,

but you have

slide

nengun

justjap to name a few

I'd get a mechanic to check it first. My turbo blew just recently, you'd want to get the car looked at to make sure it is in fact the turbo. and not the engine as well.

Not a good idea.

Some of the Traders may have just removed a working turbo to replace with an upgrade. Be very carefull buying second hand from an individual. Have it checked out or buy one that has been is my advice.

Go to the For Sales on SAU and check out some posts.

Cheers S!N

PS. Yup Slide :D for good advice

Oh and you could get Garret in Fyshwick to check it out ($60)

Edited by Sinista32

Hay

tryed puting the boost t on through the diy it mad a pop sound and now is blowing smoke so i am now thinking that the turbo is f**ked so pissed off any ideas

By the sound of it you have incorrectly installed the bleed valve (boost controller) and may have blown the turbo...

1. When it made the "pop" noise, were you revving the engine?

2. What line did you install the bleed valve in and are you sure that you didnt put it in upside down?

3. Have you tried removing the bleed valve and returning the engine to near stock, then starting it?

Where abouts are you located in Canberra? - If you need someone to check it I may be able to help.

P.S. Do NOT buy a second hand turbo... If you do need a new turbo, buy a new quality branded product from a reputable dealer or you may regret it in the long run.