SAU Community

Rb30 Piston Rings

Guishnu

Hi All,

Living in the UK we have a bit of a problem getting hold of RB30 parts. Is their anywhere i can get uprated/performance RB30E piston rings to fit standard RB30E pistons? Im have finally decided to see what i can get out of the standard pistons before upgrading to forgies later on (money restrictions really)

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Chris

Hey bud,

I had this same problem not too long ago.. Drop me a pm and i'll see if I can sort you out.. Please confirm your engine type (RB30 non turbo? and the ring sizes you have.. ideally thickness and bore size if over std). always good to double check!

Regards

Lee

Hi Guys :)

Yes im using an RB30E block (none turbo) obviously with none turbo pistons. I plan to get the piston crowns and top ring lands Keronite coated and if i can get some decent piston rings it should improve reliablity. Leeroy, if you can help me out with that, it would be fantastic news chap :)

Im trying to get to around 8.5:1 - 9.0:1 compression ratio but im still clueless as to what RB30E none turbo pistons and an RB26DETT head with a 1.2mm head gasket, will give me in terms of compression ratio!

Leeroy, you have PM!