SAU Community

R33 Hi Flow Turbo

r33-ml

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a cheepy, $350 ,that had a few problems with it (compressor wheel was eroded and exhaust housing was badly cracked) took it to per4manz turbos and cost about $600 to fit new compressor wheel and machine out second hand stock exhaust housing and new seals. bought some gaskets and fitted it myself , a easy job if everything comes apart ok. a bit more laggy than the stock one but heaps more pull when it gets going. went from 290rwhp at 12psi to 307rwhp at 11psi. aiming for about 350-360 at 17psi when injectors and ecu are fitted.

Edited by Pal

soo pal do you think that if i go with the $350 i will hav problems with ...

thanks for all the info its really good ..

if any1 has got a hi-flow for sale let me now ..... and if you hav got a r33 with same mods as me let me no power adn how much ti costs ..

thanks guys this forum is really good :)0

if you dont know the history of the turbo it's worth the extra coin to get it checked out before you buy it, and rebuilt if needed(making sure it is worth it first). not worth sticking it in and it popping on you. i put mine in just for seals and machining which was around 300 bux but due to the compressor wheel being stuffed, that put another $300 on it.

soo ppl is there any1 out there with a r33 that has a hi-flo .. wat boost are you on adn wat mods do you hav ...

on my car i hav a turbo back zorst , pod , cooler , fuel pump, and will be installing safc soon ... if i get a hi-flo turbo wat boost do you think will be safe for my car and would any1 know wat sort of hp ill be getting ..

thanks guys evry1 has helpd alot ...

230-240rwkw @ 16-18psi.

It's not so much "safe" boost levels as opposed to having a "safe" tune which will keep your engine alive.

Best (and safest) gains will be had with a proper ECU though. Probably going to max your airflow meter and not sure how an SAFC will go tuning past the AFM limits..

i GOT r34 with a S2 33 HigFlow atm running 1Bar

Got a Full Turbo back Zaust , custom pod and stainless intake, FMIC, Good sparks plug

getting my SAFC this week with a tune.

Atm need fuel pump i think.

230-240rwkw @ 16-18psi.

It's not so much "safe" boost levels as opposed to having a "safe" tune which will keep your engine alive.

Best (and safest) gains will be had with a proper ECU though. Probably going to max your airflow meter and not sure how an SAFC will go tuning past the AFM limits..

may get a bit more depending on turbo, i got 229rwkw at 11 psi with a safc2, hoping for 260 rwkw at 16-17 psi with injectors and full ecu

Edited by Pal

may get a bit more depending on turbo, i got 229rwkw at 11 psi with a safc2, hoping for 260 rwkw at 16-17 psi with injectors and full ecu

Yours must be a similar size to the hiflow on my stag then, 240awkw @ 12psi seems to be a bit more than normal 33 hiflows (mine is a hiflowed neo turbo so bigger exhaust housing). Some new injectors and ~18psi I'd hope to see ~280awkw.

About 4000rpm I think, maybe a *tad* earlier.

Being auto with the stock stall (~2250rpm), makes it quite laggy off the line :)

Edited by bubba

mm not soo bad :) .... cant wait to get my car back on the road ...

duz any1 also know how much it costs to get the safc installed and tuned ...

i got safc1 is that crap or would itn help me a lil ....

and has any1 got a hi-flo for sale for a r33

Yeah with a manual it would be fine, dial in some revs and drop the clutch :blink:

But I've already got a 32 for that ;)

Yeh, tried that and had to clean my seat .

soo guys wat if i get a r34 turbo .. is it a bold on job and would i get a bit more power .. is so how much if any1 nos ..

also who installs turbos fro a good price .. :)

cheers guys

a little bit but don't think its worth the money or effort 4 what gains you get unless yours has popped. workshops will charge around the $80 to $90/ hr.