SAU Community

Defected

DAS KAMU

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your car was actually a legal height at the time?
the car was set to legal height when the gear was installed

Not at the time of instal. At the time you got pulled over was it a legal height and would it have been so if on level ground? If when you took it back they didn't need to change anything to make it a legal height then you'll have a leg to stand on.

just went and took some photos with a spirit level and there is an extreme upward angle and an extreme left angle

both of these would make the car appear to low for the officers 110 mm measuring stick

(the wheels on the measuring police stick are 110 mm's in height )

i will get these pics blown up to take to court if i am able to adjourn it for another 3 weeks at my traffic lawyers request

cant wait till court tommorow!

Being not level ie: a slope, incline ect doesn't make any difference to the measurement.

If the slope is constant with no undulation the measurement will be true.

You need an undulation, like a hump between front and rears or pothole..so the road is raised between your wheels or wheels lowered.

Goodluck with that.

True the law is the law.

You'd have to have sponges for springs for an incline or decline to affect the test.

A flat surface is a flat surface whether it's tilted left-right up or down.

The issue is whether the surface was even (flat) ie: no undulations between the wheel base.

In other words the test can't be carried out on say a corrugated dirt road.

Hope he lucks out and gets a stupid judge.

the point i have is that the upwards and left angle of that particular part of road is going to make quite a few stock cars fail the same "110 ''mm" height wheel

including a very stock vt ss commodore which came in at just under 100 mm

but upon taking it to flat ground both cars were fine

heinz tomato soup is 100 mm high and nothing catches on it underneath the skyline

i have also purchased the same wheel they have used to measure the ride height with as per my lawyers request

and thanks for the many good luck comments chaps lol

oh and if i do get raped

as the qld gov probably dont want me to win as then that will set a precedent and the flood gates will open with every low car claiming they were missmeasured

if i lose ill sell the skyline and import a 240zg with all the fruit

since it does not have 4 round tail lights im sure ill never be harrased for doing nothing again

lol

Edited by DAS KAMU

Being not level ie: a slope, incline ect doesn't make any difference to the measurement.

If the slope is constant with no undulation the measurement will be true.

You need an undulation, like a hump between front and rears or pothole..so the road is raised between your wheels or wheels lowered.

Goodluck with that.

the spot i got done on did make a differance

True the law is the law.

You'd have to have sponges for springs for an incline or decline to affect the test.

A flat surface is a flat surface whether it's tilted left-right up or down.

The issue is whether the surface was even (flat) ie: no undulations between the wheel base.

In other words the test can't be carried out on say a corrugated dirt road.

Hope he lucks out and gets a stupid judge.

surface was not flat

the judge today seemed to be on the ball

just a pity it was in richlands fuggen toothless junkies all over the place

when it is all sorted ill post it all up

ill be scanning in the transcripts from the court date set for the 19/03/2009 at 9am

as i adjourned it today for 2 weeks

at least some of us who are not cops on here will see how the system "works"

i am yet to find someone who is willing to share the same information which sucks balls as id like to see how it all goes down

2 weeks till the big day

when it is all sorted ill post it all up

ill be scanning in the transcripts from the court date set for the 19/03/2009 at 9am

as i adjourned it today for 2 weeks

at least some of us who are not cops on here will see how the system "works"

i am yet to find someone who is willing to share the same information which sucks balls as id like to see how it all goes down

2 weeks till the big day

Nice work, good win.

I'll retract that for later use...

Back to Good luck for you.

Good Luck

Jaonson... Cameron here brads mate.

This reminds me of something that happened to my brother in his "civic" the other week, the cop was off duty and saw my brother come down the hill from caltex and turn left into horizon drive and come up behind him so the next day I was working from home and looking out the window at the time and saw the Red highway cop car pull up out the front... just at the time I hear my mother yell out "Cameron what have you done this time!"

Cop walks up the driveway and asks if my brother was hoem and I explained he was at work, he explained why he was looking for him etc. he wanted to check his car for the height of his car... things I see wrong with this was... his car is registered under my fathers name not his hes not on it... yet he asked for by name :S

Cop preceeded to goto his worksite, he works for leightons and measure his car to fine him $100 and 1 point but didnt make him goto court over it the car was 85mm due to the exhaust coming off its hanger.

Goodluck with the car J,

just went and took some photos with a spirit level and there is an extreme upward angle and an extreme left angle

both of these would make the car appear to low for the officers 110 mm measuring stick

(the wheels on the measuring police stick are 110 mm's in height )

i will get these pics blown up to take to court if i am able to adjourn it for another 3 weeks at my traffic lawyers request

cant wait till court tommorow!

isnt legal height 100mm? if so 7 mm under that 110mm measuring wheel would actually be legal by 3mm...

i took note of the wheel he had and i went and searched all the hardware stores for it

i found it and it is marked on the label as 100 mm's

but i assure you upon meusuring it - it is 110 mm's

its nice to have a bit of time to investigate

i hope i get a good result out of this

ill also be compiling a letter to the CMC of whoever the governing body are to keep these officers in line