SAU Community

Rb26dett Conversion Into R34gtt

fab34

well its not a r33 or r34 motor its actully a r32 im very lucky to cum across this motor well i bought this motor 4 6k they said its got nismo turbos meatal head gasket and cams so i told them no worrys ill take it i bought about 6k of parts for it ecu,coil packs etc no internals as i was taking it all apart so i could paint it up at work i found adjustible cam gears thort cool as we were putting the timing belt kit on we noticed the crank was moving back and forth 3 to 4mm so i ordered big end bearing and conrod bearings wen we went to chang the bearing we took the sump off and found all the goodies forged pistons conrods r33 balanced crank and a grex oil pump the old bearing were nismo items so yea sounds a bit to good to be true but it happened

well its not a r33 or r34 motor its actully a r32 im very lucky to cum across this motor well i bought this motor 4 6k they said its got nismo turbos meatal head gasket and cams so i told them no worrys ill take it i bought about 6k of parts for it ecu,coil packs etc no internals as i was taking it all apart so i could paint it up at work i found adjustible cam gears thort cool as we were putting the timing belt kit on we noticed the crank was moving back and forth 3 to 4mm so i ordered big end bearing and conrod bearings wen we went to chang the bearing we took the sump off and found all the goodies forged pistons conrods r33 balanced crank and a grex oil pump the old bearing were nismo items so yea sounds a bit to good to be true but it happened

good stuff, thats what i ,meant by not throwing in a second hand engine in without checking it... its lucky you got a good engine to start wiv, my conversion cost so much coz ive got a fairly big engine setup, thats where it costs the most...

good result, mine is weeks away from completion and i cant wait to drive it...

same cant wait to take it down the strip and see wat i can get with street tyers hoping to get into the 12s and it left alice springs today so hopfully be at boost worx next week to get finished

1 more question will it be loud as i dont hav any cat mufflers or any thing its just stright pipe pretty much i no its illegal but in this town cops r pretty cool they dont mind it as long as u got good tyers and u dont act like a wanker in town they dont really care wat u got dun to ur car

i have to moove to your town... wonder if theyd pull u over for max boost gate open!!!

you should run 12s easy,maby 11's, i ran 13.0 in my old s14 with only 14 psi, exhaust and a clutch with bald tyres...

it probably would be loud but not massivly....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

sorry to bring up an old thread, but im currently in a project putting an R32 rb26dett with an R33 rwd trans into my R34 Gtt RB25neo car.

im completely lost on the wiring!!! please help!

A mate did a similar conversion and I'm pretty sure he used these guys I've linked below; my mate basically sent the original RB25 loom across with the RB26 loom and the guys modified it and sent back the modified loom. They were super helpful and the car started first turn of the key. Didn't cost much either from memory.

http://www.sideshows.net.au/contact/