SAU Community

Rear Over Fenders R32

LOWESTR32

OK so i gave up on waiting for Dmax to get in new stock :P .

Bought some viva garage rear over fenders and the place i took them to said they wouldnt fit send em back. I'll put some pics up 2moro to show ya! Nothing major i thought just a few gaps to fill, they had never seen anything like it and said it wouild cost me thousands to fit them :(

Anyone fitted these "over fenders"? Im going to try and give it a go myself a point in the right direction would be good as i have never done this sorta stuff before.

Thanks all. :glare:

well theyre kidding you if they reckon its too hard...not a huge deal involved. Best done on the car. one thing though, not sure about that point on the C pillar where it just finishes. I think you will find better ones out there. most of these over fender kits require you to hack up your original guard around the wheelarch. Typically anything fibreglass won't be very accurate in its fitment requiring lots of hours fibreglassing, if you are good at glassing it will halve your bill at the end. There are others that begin from the quarterpanel's crease and are the bottom section only. easier to fit and mould to the body.

This is worth it if you know what youre doing yourself. If you don't it'll cost u a bomb..

Don't silicone anything, in fact any sort of glue gun...throw it away.

Don't bog anything either.

cheers mate :D

I had a brain wave last nite....and dicided to look for a guide on the WWW lol so i have a pretty good idea now what i have to do.

Cutting up the guard and welding the inside bit should be easy as i do that sorta sh!t at work.I'll chop the over fenders up so they are ALOT smaller and just basicaly have the bit that makes it wider and pop rivet that on, then get a pro to make it all smooth and fancy loooking!

Thats after i fit the new do luck kit and front guards i got :P

ill put up a few pics when its all finished.they are a fair bit wider than gtr guards i had a look a gtr across the road from me and yeah mine are bigger :D

just a side note the bodykit from DMD is the ducks nuts!!! Cant believe at how little work i have done to make things fit, i paid a shop to do it last time and they fu(ked it so much wish i did it myself first time ahh well.

Laterz