SAU Community

Starting Problem

HI, Recently I went for a long (4 weeks) holiday. I did undo the battery. Now since I've came back, I find that my car will start fine when the engine is cold but it will die off when it's still hot. What is the problem? The only way to keep it going is to rev it a little when starting it. I notice too, the engine rev will not jump high during hot start. I guess it's the battery getting weak. Anyone?

Edited by FlyingEL

i am having the same problem.. the explanation i got was, the car was left unstarted for very long period and the ecu has to learn how to start normally, by the driver revving it a little when started it..

any other people with better solution? coz i hv been driving for 2 weeks and still having the same problem

I think it can be a simple unplug the battery and wait for few minutes..

but in case i was wrong, i sent to the mech(with scan tool and stuff) and asked him as well, to reset the ecu and try... nothing helped so far..

but weird, yesterday my car starts fine.. hv to try again today..

How do you do that? :D

due to oxg sensor and pressure sensor.. my car is now admitted into the hospital for 2 days.. hope it get fix.. coz driving with the engine/abs/slip/VSC lights on, kinda scary..

Hope the engine issue is fixed together.. wil keep posting