SAU Community

Lurker Turned Member

910trx

Hi gang,

Name is Daniel, I'm a town planner and i am originally from SA but moved to Qld for my very long term girlfriends work. been dating for 7 years and i have to marry her soon or i'm never going to hear the end of it.

i'm 24 and have been in qld for a year now (northern Qld)

always been a huge fan of skylines but never had the coin or balls to buy one. really always wanted an r32 black gtr vspec - been in love with the r32 ever since jim richards told the fans at 96 bathurst they were a pack of arseholes with a nervous mark skaiffe fresh out of puberty by his side.

i still have my first car ever which is a 1984 nissan bluebird.

done the usual things to it and goes quite alright. it really is my pride and joy and i think i will never part with it, considering all we have been through, and all the time i have spent under it replacing every bolt and screw.

UDrive001.jpg

UDrive008.jpg

11042008011-001.jpg

strutbrace.jpg

the car now sits in my old's garage with a pile of parts till i figure what i'm going to do with it.

future upgrades are to fit the twin 40mm webers to it then after rebuilding the z18et - put that in.

15112008082.jpg

being 3000km away from my baby i needed a new car and we have slogged it out for a while in a 95 ts fag-na which is coloured appropriately as it handles like a turd round an "s" bend.

after being here for a year the GF and i pooled our funds together and forked out for a new commodore but they were just not good enough value for money. for the same cash we found a genuine bloke selling his silver s2 stagea rs4.

we jumped on the next train for 5 hours to pick it up.

P2260275.jpg

P2260264.jpg

although i dont own a skyline, i'm that step closer none the wiser to the girlfriend who thinks we got a commodore equivalent with more features and is potential family capable.

please dont tell her.

i dont think there is any immediate need to "do her up" except i just got caught speeding the third time i drove it, so it is having cruise fitted and i think maybe a brick under the gas pedal to allow 5mm of movement.

exhaust is probably the biggest and soonest mod after cruise "purely for efficientcy" but leave the wheels and ride height as is. higher profile is better for out lengthy hwy driving and my silly car is the dastun in adelaide NOT this one.

i have been searching this site for a few months prior to signing up, then did so just prior purchasing the stagea. i have to thank everyone for being so helpful with my noob questions and maintaining the wealth of knowledge available on thes forum.

Thank you and i'll probably appear in an off topic thread soon.

Cheers

Daniel

Edited by 910trx

'Commode Equivalent' :cool:

That Bluebird is such gorgeous condition. It reflects the care of the owner!!!

That Stagea is so lucky to have an owner like you mate!!!

Half of my family is in Cairns. Cousin David is a Toyota Service manager. Uncle George used to be C of E Bishop but all nice.

cheers for the kind words

the bluey is showing her age

rust is coming through and will be a bit to fix - needs a spray $$$

i'm contemplating whether to fix her peoperly or strip it out for and bog it up for amateur hill climbs in the future

i considered a 1600 but cost too much for a young fella when i first got it

plus the blue has working aircon, 5 speed man, l20b and easy transplant for a ca18, and a decent ride and interior. my mates think i'm nuts having a bluebird, but love is blind - its like driving a red 80's tissue box, but the car keeps going and rather than buying commos or r31 pintaras and skylines when i was a youngin, the blue remains rather unique and still goes strong!

the stagea gets a bath this weekend and we plan to take good care of it. i have never been so suprised by a "family" car before.

i cant believe i nearly bought a vy wagon for the same price and kays!

happiness is owning a stagea

btw my 1st car WAS a Datsun 1600 for just over $1K and NEW.

So guess how old I am haha. Yep aged 21 in 1970 with a Nathan Yellow 1600 with side draught Weber and chrome wheels shod with Klebers = the ants' pants. Old saying hehe.

Take care of the stagea!