SAU Community

Engine conversions

Wishin

Hey, can anyone recommend any good places to go to as far as front cuts, engines conversions etc go in Perth?

I'm looking to buy a cheap N/A (auto, yuck!!) Cefiro but I need to make sure that I can get it converted to an RB20DET / RB25DET (!!) / SR20DET as required.

Pricing for each of the front cuts obviously differs (from $1500 - $4000) but I just need to find out labour costs for the conversion and where I can go for expertise if I do some of it myself.

Thanks!!

If paul is gonna give u the details i think he is then thats prolly ure best bet. Radium st?

Chris Mills performance did well on my rebuild and they were pretty well priced. Although they outsource their tuning and dyno stuff to sst. So might be worth checking both places. Or even use CMP (chris mills performance) for the major stuff and sst to fine tune it.

Thanks a lot to everyone who posted and PM'd me. Don't actually have a car yet (sold the Civic VTi-R to be able get the wife a Supra) but I'm working on it!!

Just needed to make sure of availability / difficulty / pricing etc and it seems like there's plenty of people around who can help.

To Boostzor, GTS-t VSPEC and R32-GTS, I'll PM you a little bit later when things start moving along. Maybe one day I'll see you out on the streets and you can kick my ass in a drag!! :-)

See ya!!

Originally posted by Wishin

Hey, can anyone recommend any good places to go to as far as front cuts, engines conversions etc go in Perth?

I'm looking to buy a cheap N/A (auto, yuck!!) Cefiro but I need to make sure that I can get it converted to an RB20DET / RB25DET (!!) / SR20DET as required.

Pricing for each of the front cuts obviously differs (from $1500 - $4000) but I just need to find out labour costs for the conversion and where I can go for expertise if I do some of it myself.

Thanks!!

Why wouldn't you just buy one already done.

Price of a cheap auto 88 model is still around 250K yen in Japland and a manual , drift out , turbo one is around 450K yen.

Time you buy the front cut , get someone to do the convo and on the road then the 200 odd K yen will be cheap..

Cheers

Ken