SAU Community

about intercoolers..

I think any reputable intercooler, Hybrid/HKS/ARE/AVO std GTR etc, of approx dimensions 600 x 300 x 60mm (approx) is going to do as good a job as one another unless you are going to be running heavy mods.

And remember depending on the type of driving you do, rocks can damage an expensive intercooler so run gauze over the bar opening

And my thoughts are make sure its covered on your insurance policy, nothing worse then haveing paid $1500 for an intercooler only to have an accident and it not be covered, as they are so easily damaged.

Listening to the improvements other have experienced i dont think im quite as sesnsitive to noticing hp improvements.

I did notice an improvement in top end performance, but nothing huge. Perhaps if i had the ECU re-written to suit the exhasut/filter/IC/boost then as a package it would work a lot better.

Mine is a HKS Type S cooler, and i dont think you could really tell the difference between any reputable cooler as far as performance.

Most economical will most likely be GTR cooler with painted(perhaps ceramic coated) mild steel piping. Still going to cost around $800 even doing things yourself, so shop around for a complete kit, or look to places like AVO & ARE who do complete kits for around $1200 new