SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

Whats the difference between a stock GTR one and a GTST one ?

GTR one blows off harder. That's what she said.

Sounds tougher blah blah blah

My battery is in the boot and the copper that defected me said that it needed to be in a box. Is that true ?

Yep, needs to be a sealed unit or some such rubbish. It's pretty easy to fake it so it looks like it's in a sealed box, or to even make it look like there is the rubber tubing that goes from the sealed box outto a "safe" place. Do a search man, there's heaps of info on this site about it, I came across a few things when I was finding out how many CCA's the battery needed when I needed to buy a new one a month or so ago.

My battery is in the boot and the copper that defected me said that it needed to be in a box. Is that true ?

yours is a series 2, and it comes with the battery there standard, without a box, so I am not too sure about that one. My old series 2 did not have a boxed battery.

All this crap happened on monday morning? who the hell is that thorough on monday morning. where abouts did you get defected?

yours is a series 2, and it comes with the battery there standard, without a box, so I am not too sure about that one. My old series 2 did not have a boxed battery.

All this crap happened on monday morning? who the hell is that thorough on monday morning. where abouts did you get defected?

The first thing he asked me was do I have a BOV? (with his hand resting on that oil filter that lets the oil vapours out into the atmos) I said yep and it is plumbed back. The other copper wiggled my epic inlet piping around and shrugged. Went around the back of the car was told about the battery needing to be in a box. Was told that my king springs where to low. I said no coil overs. He said oh those max low springs yeah they sag a bit. I said maybe my COIL OVERS had settled a bit to which he said oooo faulty suspension I mightn't be able to let you drive this away. Wrote me up the ticket and it says

1. Turbo installed needs mod plate. Wut ? This car comes with a turbo.

2. Suspension too low GUESTIMATE at 60mm. Apparently they can guestimate and estimate.

Mines got a plastic tray thing the battery sits on and thats it. Thanks for that. Got done on Ipswich rd near the morooka train station heading to toowoomba. Went to toowoomba back to the mechanic that did the mod and said i need a mod plate for the work YOU did. He said no problem did it up then charged me $121 for the plate. Then took my car back to pedders thinking that it had dropped / settled and it hasn't. It is at standard ride height 180mm all round apparently. The zorst is 90mm off the road. Did some measurising and there is a bit of space to get the zorst tucked up giving me more ground clearance. I think we worked it out that after the zorst is lifted then the car can be lowered by about 40-50mm. So I get defected for being too low then get it fixed so I'm not, resulting in me being able to lower the car further? Ah our justice system works. They didn't give me a fine but I have a court appearance on the 21st. Fun times :blink:

end

I thought I typed it up well :blink:

Might be worth while maybe contacting the police station and having a word to the senior officer.

They might just withdraw the ticket. Tell them you checked the ride hight at your suspension place and it was standard.

tough break jase :)

Cheers. But it does officially mean I am a skyline owner since i've never had a defect before this

:blink:

Might be worth while maybe contacting the police station and having a word to the senior officer.

They might just withdraw the ticket. Tell them you checked the ride hight at your suspension place and it was standard.

The ride height is standard but the lowest point on my car is 90mm (and less with the retarded bumps and rubbish in the road) I'll call them in the morning.

Yeah, it's not so much fun...

That's what she said.

Anyone with a GTST chasing a stock GTR bov?

I'm buying one off a guy who has 2.... split postage costs plus buying both at same time is cheaper than buying them individually. Let me know if anyone's keen

I'll give you tree fiddy.

blah blah blah

That's DEFINITELY what she said.

Yep, needs to be a sealed unit or some such rubbish. It's pretty easy to fake it so it looks like it's in a sealed box, or to even make it look like there is the rubber tubing that goes from the sealed box outto a "safe" place. Do a search man, there's heaps of info on this site about it, I came across a few things when I was finding out how many CCA's the battery needed when I needed to buy a new one a month or so ago.

PS mine's a S1 and the battery's in the boot... looks like it should be too?

If its an aftermarket jobby then yeah it must be sealed and vented and all that crap. But 33s have the battery in the boot stock (is that just s2s?) so whatever the standard setup is should not be a problem.

I seem to remember the std 33 set ups I've seen having a box though... but I could be wrong.

Actually come to think of it the alfa has the battery in the boot standard with no box. So if its a std set up it should be OK.

Ah snap dude thats shit terrible

That's what she said.

The first thing he asked me was do I have a BOV? (with his hand resting on that oil filter that lets the oil vapours out into the atmos) I said yep and it is plumbed back. The other copper wiggled my epic inlet piping around and shrugged. Went around the back of the car was told about the battery needing to be in a box. Was told that my king springs where to low. I said no coil overs. He said oh those max low springs yeah they sag a bit. I said maybe my COIL OVERS had settled a bit to which he said oooo faulty suspension I mightn't be able to let you drive this away. Wrote me up the ticket and it says

1. Turbo installed needs mod plate. Wut ? This car comes with a turbo.

2. Suspension too low GUESTIMATE at 60mm. Apparently they can guestimate and estimate.

Mines got a plastic tray thing the battery sits on and thats it. Thanks for that. Got done on Ipswich rd near the morooka train station heading to toowoomba. Went to toowoomba back to the mechanic that did the mod and said i need a mod plate for the work YOU did. He said no problem did it up then charged me $121 for the plate. Then took my car back to pedders thinking that it had dropped / settled and it hasn't. It is at standard ride height 180mm all round apparently. The zorst is 90mm off the road. Did some measurising and there is a bit of space to get the zorst tucked up giving me more ground clearance. I think we worked it out that after the zorst is lifted then the car can be lowered by about 40-50mm. So I get defected for being too low then get it fixed so I'm not, resulting in me being able to lower the car further? Ah our justice system works. They didn't give me a fine but I have a court appearance on the 21st. Fun times :)

end

What is the mod plate you got for? The car is factory turbo. What mod(s) was it?

The ride height is standard but the lowest point on my car is 90mm (and less with the retarded bumps and rubbish in the road) I'll call them in the morning.

33s always have shit low exhausts due to to running it under the diff.

It's a tough one. The car obviously DOESN'T need a mod plate for the turbo because it is factory. But he has gotten a mod plate for SOMETHING so at a guess there was something that needed a mod plate so you won't get away with that one.

On the ride height its got to be 100mm clearance everywhere, so the 90mm clearance to the exhaust will make it illegal. It can be super jacked up 4WD spec height but if the exhaust is still too low it's still illegal. You could get the exhaust tucked up higher and then get a statement from the suspension place saying that the ride height is legal and hasn't been altered and that would make the cop look like a bit of a tool for his 'guestimate', but I don't know if that would achieve much..

Cheers. But it does officially mean I am a skyline owner since i've never had a defect before this

:thumbsup:

Paaarrrtttaayyyyy?

P.S. Morning Mangs.

Cricket last night was awesome. -22 from my first bowling over :), then +24 from my second :( :( :(. But got about a dozen stumpings, made some runs, and we won, so overall not too bad.

I hear WW3 is about to start in Korea. That's upsetting, I wanted the zombie apocolypse to beat WW3 :(

New seat for my MTB turned up yesterday too :)

Also, Colin's sister is hot. :thumbsup:

Ah snap dude thats a shit terrible story
I thought I typed it up well :thumbsup:

LOL I mean the contents of the story is terrible..... not the way you wrote it. You know I <3 your effort.

I hear WW3 is about to start in Korea. That's upsetting, I wanted the zombie apocolypse to beat WW3 :)

Yeah I saw that yesterday..... full on! Call me crazy but it's about time something gave way up there. It's not good, but it's definately been 'about to happen' for years.

Morning mangs! I'm feeling good today, it's hump day after all :(