SAU Community

Gtr Screamer Dumps

a31lunacy

hey got a progress shot of the old wastegate pipe cut and the new ones tacked into place its looking good just going to check fitment cut them down and then weld in a slight bend to follow the line of the front pipe so we don't run any clearance issues, i am also going to have them ceramic coated to help with the heat sink any one that has fitted the Just Jap dumps will know they run awfully close to the inlet of the rear turbo.

post-39639-1237286402_thumb.jpg

post-39639-1237286510_thumb.jpg

post-39639-1237286584_thumb.jpg

i started, turned into being a pain so i just gave up waisted that much time on them couldnt really see the point for minimal to no power gain.

but good luck oh and i had issues with the front dump screamer hitting the rear turbo inlet

yeah that's why we are getting it ceramic coated it touches ever so slightly so i don't want any heat sinking action might have to take a few mm off just to make sure yeah only reason im doing it is because Ive got n1 turbos and for my application they are perfect no need to blow useless amounts of cash on some shit big single setup when response is my main goal so i still wanted the screamer sound and before the flame session about the sound starts ill be the judge when its done and if i don't like ill plumb them back into the exhaust thanks

• 3 weeks later...

i will have the pipes back from the ceramic coater on thurs will post some pics up then and i must say the worst part of the job is getting them to seal in the back of the turbo spent countless hours making sure they will not leak and we are also going to run some extremely high temp sealant in the housing to make sure i don't have an annoying exhaust leak sound at idle or increased revs

definately ensure the pipes arent touching that compressor cover, ceramics will transfer heat through anything touching them, just less radiated heat to non contact items.

well i would like external gate but that would mean having a non stock look and i have been trying to make this engine look as standard as possible as i don't need any crap from the police i drive it prob once a week and any thing high mount or manifolds being changed is a dead giveaway that something aint right so this seemed the only way to do it i just wanted the sound to be honest with out the risk and if something does happen then just wack the stock dumps back on and away we go . yeah we made sure they weren't touching but i just did the ceramic coating as a second measure to make sure not too much heat is being transferred to the intake pipe and to surrounding areas of the engine bay im getting a second set of manifold shields done as well im kinda paranoid about the whole heat transfer thing i might try doing up a intercooler water spray kit as well out of alloy piping and a remote bottle in the boot any one done this kinda thing before ???

• 2 weeks later...

I did the exact same thing you guys are doing, Just Jap dumps with long splits. I also spent hours making sure there wasnt going to be any leaks. It paid off. I had NO leaks on idle or while revving and they sound absolutely nuts.

I started a thread on it, its title is Custom Long Split Dumps or something of the like, its in this section.

Im now removing them. I have boost creep due to my super-high flwoing HKS dual exhaust, the gasses would rather exit via the turbine rather than the gate...but they worked fine with my 3.5 single, had no creep whatsoever.