SAU Community

Is This A Sticker?

To fellow owners,

Do you guys have this on your car? im just wondering if its a sticker... because if it is i want to remove it.

So please if any one knows what this is ill appreciate your input. Sits on the rear wheels, bottom front arch as shown.

Thanks in advance.

22.jpg

Ogz,

I'm pretty sure it's a sticker (as told by the importer). They put it there because the car tends to get stone chips in that location.

Pretty sure it's on most of our vehicles (from factory).

Andrew.

if you look at almost every new car now days they have them. i guess 2002 on wards.

my Camry has it, my dads Pajero, my mums Saab and my bros Commodore.

they look crap and catch dirt witch is hard to clean because it's sticky on the edge.

i took it off my Camry and i had to clean the sticky stuff off, so I'm leaving it on the V

Ogz,

I'm pretty sure it's a sticker (as told by the importer). They put it there because the car tends to get stone chips in that location.

Pretty sure it's on most of our vehicles (from factory).

Andrew.

i don't see how you can get stone chips there unless you are driving backwards :(

i don't see how you can get stone chips there unless you are driving backwards :P

haha... No, not from going backwards, but stones coming off your front wheels. Especially since that part is flared out, it makes it easier for the stones to hit after the front wheels have flicked the stones up from the road.

It's kind of like how it's usually your rear tyres that get punctures from nails and screws, the front tyres flick them up and your rear tyres go straight over them.

But yes, I agree, the protectors don't look so good once they've got trapped dirt etc. and probably worse on a white car as they will probably turn that yellowish colour after a while, making them more noticeable. :P

But yes, I agree, the protectors don't look so good once they've got trapped dirt etc. and probably worse on a white car as they will probably turn that yellowish colour after a while, making them more noticeable. :P

I can testify that they look horrible on a white car. My car is newer than some around and has done very few kays and they are already very dirty around the edges. I would love to take them off but am too scared that it will be a huge mission to get the glue off and that there will still be an outline of where it used to be.

Surely if they feel that a sticker is needed there then the front bar is an area of concern! May as well have stickers over the entire thing.. except maybe the boot :P

Edited by strydes

Guys...unless you really feel the need, or they are literally looking horrible, then leave the things on.....they leave such a mess and the reality of losing your (partial) paint is very real......coz, I made the mistake!!..lol!.

I reckon the guys with the white cars will prolly have nothing to lose!...they do look shittier on that colour.

got mine taken off they look so much better the only problem is on one side they have

done patch jobin japan and didnt take it off so now i have an outline

Hey Mark,

How bad is the outline??

i don't see how you can get stone chips there unless you are driving backwards :blush:

Second pic he posted would be of the right side of the car if that makes any difference?

Yeah I have them, obviously to stop stone chips etc. Would think you could get new ones perhaps? but by the sounds of it they would be a mission to replace.

not to bad but i know it there will have it fixed when i get some money but it does look heaps better with out them

when they took them off they took a bit off paint off but they fixed it for me as they were buffing the car at the time