SAU Community

R.i.p. Minh James

R32 project

anymore pics of the 2 cars before they were damaged and after ?? sorry dude we all gotta die sometimes just your time is up... RIP.

i dont know ricardo might of seen minh before, whats his facebook account ?? i wanna just leave a message for the family..

n52637574320175465209.jpg

dnt hav the pic of r33...

btw doubt they allow visits in hospital for ricardo... all 3 occupants of r33 are apparently still in critical condition

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry for your loss, cant bear to feel that pain, but hope youre alright

its heaps tempting when you drive a powerful car skylines, wrxs etc, but sometimes its better to keep dragging to the strip and not on the roads, as many have already mentioned.

OMG :|

i remember talking to this bloke up at Mt Lofty a few months ago , his car was overheating so i gave him my 2L bottle of water , saw him occasionally aswell

i know we never really spoke much but f**k man , you were the nicest bloke , it breaks me to know that your gone and the fact that i only met you a handful of times

R.I.P :thumbsup:

friends told me it was ricardo driving the skyline! i knew these guys, one of the hurt passengers is a good friend of mine! minh and i use to catch the same bus in high school, he was a nice guy but i've been some of their cruises and let's just say it's not surprising something like this happened!

Yes the circumstances surrounding this is questionable to say the least, however, it does not change the fact that this horrible accident has claimed a life, and may very well claim the life of the skyline Driver and his friends as well.. Peers have lost a friend, parents have lost a son. I can't imagine how bad his family and friends are hurting right now.

The argument about people's stupidity is one that will go on forever, i reckon we should put it on hold and let fellow family and friends grieve without having to hear about how this accident shouldn't have happened, for now anyway, because it's not going to change anything or ease their pain.

minh's family and friends will be in my thoughts through this hard time.

R.I.P

Nasty, and pointless loss of life :thumbsup:

For those of us left though we have a target on our collective Skyline backs of a size never seen before. The smiling cheesy front mount intercooler and piping on the front page of the Sunday Mail combined with the claimed 400hp+ from a Nissan GT400R and the highlight that the cars are the tools of death has ensured that Skyline drivers will be publicly persecuted with extreme prejudice. Whether it is some 'do gooder know nothing' with a pen and folder taking down your number and reporting you (as offered by members of the public in the Sunday Mail story), or the vengeance of SAPD which will now be even more carefully trained to be aware of/seek and destroy Skylines, the spotlight is now on us. These cars have been publicly branded "Killers" by Mike Ranns offsiders (the Sunday Mail, and Mal Hyde) and now we will have to pay the price. Dark days ahead for SA Skylines :thanks:

Cruises are something you will be able to tell the grandkids about. For those that doubt me, roll the dice and give Officer Neils boys a chance :D

Imagine their smiling SAPD faces on the cover of the Advertiser under a "Killing Spree" headline defecting impounding a group of 10-15 Skylines with innocent startled looking drivers on hand. The generally stupid and brainwashed public will see it akin as the coppers thwarting a mass murder :D

And once more RIP Minh....

Edited by Martin Donnon

For those of us left though we have a target on our collective Skyline backs of a size never seen before. The smiling cheesy front mount intercooler and piping on the front page of the Sunday Mail combined with the claimed 400hp+ from a Nissan GT400R and the highlight that the cars are the tools of death has ensured that Skyline drivers will be publicly persecuted with extreme prejudice. Whether it is some 'do gooder know nothing' with a pen and folder taking down your number and reporting you (as offered by members of the public in the Sunday Mail story), or the vengeance of SAPD which will now be even more carefully trained to be aware of/seek and destroy Skylines, the spotlight is now on us. These cars have been publicly branded "Killers" by Mike Ranns offsiders (the Sunday Mail, and Mal Hyde) and now we will have to pay the price. Dark days ahead for SA Skylines :thumbsup:

Well written mate, and I think you're absolutely right. The newspapers are no longer reporting the news from an unbiased standpoint, they are sensationalizing the story with a specific end in mind, to see import drivers targeted. ACA and newspapers WANT the laws to change to give police more power to confiscate, impound, and the like. No one who sees these stories will say "human error" they will say "young kids in high performance cars is a bad idea". Guaranteed if the drag was between a VL turbo and a V8 falcon they wouldn't make such a big deal about the types of cars in the accident. I don't know if they ahve a vested interest in feeding the phobia that the general public have about our kinds of cars....

ANY car, with the wrong person behind the wheel is a "killer"

but yes, its unfortunate that High performance cars, skylines in particular, will now even more so then before be targeted.

I hate to say it, but i agree with Martin in saying Cruises are probably something of the past.

Well said Martin and I totally agree with every word said... it's a sad fact but a true one.

Let us however now keep this on topic and not discuss the fallout of this incident on us but rather the tragic loss of life caused but a split moment of stupidity and the pain felt by those left behind. :thumbsup:

ANY car, with the wrong person behind the wheel is a "killer"

We all know this Nene, but Mike Rann and his journo mates will do their damndest to ensure that the public never do.

Between the Association laws stumbling, the Murray fiasco, and the wholesale bankruptcy of SA, the public answer lies in demonising a small minority of the public to deter the spotlight from the real issues at hand. Three pages of the Sunday Mail devoted to this one story show the real facts and agenda of this government :thumbsup:

Regardless, to the average Joe on the street who cares not for cars, through to Mavis in the retirment home, you drive a car that is associated with public atrocities and murder. This is how they will think of you, and busting you off the road - for doing absolutely nothing wrong - will ensure that marvellous Mike gets back in, with an increased majority :thanks:

You see when Minh and the 33 driver nodded and took off for that fateful blast, it wasnt just themselves that they killed and maimed, but rather an entire culture of people and industry from enthusiasts to professional tuners. Now, their legacy will to be used as puppets in a political agenda to boost the fortunes of a failing state government. For those that arent old enough to understand....wait and see :D

Ok no more posts from me...

Our thoughts are with the real victims...the families :D

Edited by Martin Donnon

well then, thumb your nose at the law, disregard the yellow canary's etc.

if all the skylines that got defected REFUSED to do anything about it (hence unregistered etc,) there would be an uproar.

that'd be funneh, 100 drivers of skylines all with defects all refusing to acknowledge them, continuing driving, going thru the courts......

it'd be an interesting scenario & would highlight to the public the plight of the skyline driver and the unnecessary defects, etc.

wont stop me modifying my car nor driving it with a bit of boost here and there.

thing is, Im the worlds best driver and know it, and will never have a crash :blink:

anyway. good to hear a few of you have recently experienced the MEANING OF LIFE (childbirth). congrats

friends told me it was ricardo driving the skyline! i knew these guys, one of the hurt passengers is a good friend of mine! minh and i use to catch the same bus in high school, he was a nice guy but i've been some of their cruises and let's just say it's not surprising something like this happened!

do u know who else was in the car with ricky ?

Edit out the offensive quote - we don't need that around here ....

Edited by Nightcrawler

I'm sure its the driver errors killing people, not the Skylines dude :blink:

Keep on topic.

+ 1

I bet no one stopped think about the poor ambulance and police workers that had to peel these idiots off the road? How do you think they feel, when they go home, and have to try and eat dinner and things like that, after seeing the result of this?

These cops and ambos, see this shit and never forget. A lot of the time they are left traumatised, etc. They don't get paid enough for what they do.

Waste of life, but these drivers should have known better. Now their families have to deal with the pain. I bet they didn't think about that?

I really don't know how to think about this. 150 in a 50 zone. ffs.

Edited by The Mafia