SAU Community

Royal Purple

SXC-R34

I always been using Motul Chrono 100% Synthetic oil for my R34 GTt, But alot of people are recommending the Royal Purple including performance shops. Price wise you can't go wrong Royal purple is about $80 for 5 litres and Motul Chrono is about $99 for 4litres . I just wana know if any of you guys use it, and wat do u think of it?

I just used it for the first time in my car last week, no complaints at all from me, engine runs nice and smoothly. Where have you seen it for $80 as I paid $100 for mine from AutoBarn :wub:

[/quot

My mate got it for me from AutoBarn aswell, Im pretty sure he got it from the 1 in Hinchinbrook, next to the police station.

I use it in my R32 GTR. Trans and both pumpkins. I get the occasional 4th gear crunch, but it was worse before I switched.

Ok cool. How bout your motor, What do u use in it?

I use Royal Purple 10w40. $70 costs me(trade). Before the gtr, I had an n14 with sr20det that only ever saw RP. Its not a GP5 like chrono but its still good value.

I just used it for the first time in my car last week, no complaints at all from me, engine runs nice and smoothly. Where have you seen it for $80 as I paid $100 for mine from AutoBarn :blink:

So yeah like I said, my mate actually got it from PEPS :/

To be honest, I have no idea! I live next door to a shop. I fix their computers and they do free oil changes.. I just know it's a full synthetic and it's not purple.

LOL U lucky lucky man lol

They stock Royal Purple oils in the performance section of Autobarn, not where the oils are kept usually. I've been using it in my RB25DET for a while now, no issues at all find it to be quite a good oil.

Autobarn sells them for normally $100 for 5L thats in Brisbane at least anyways, but I've found a local guy who stocks them for $75 so not too bad. I reccomend Royal Purple ;)

StreetFame33

They stock Royal Purple oils in the performance section of Autobarn, not where the oils are kept usually. I've been using it in my RB25DET for a while now, no issues at all find it to be quite a good oil.

Autobarn sells them for normally $100 for 5L thats in Brisbane at least anyways, but I've found a local guy who stocks them for $75 so not too bad. I reccomend Royal Purple ;)

StreetFame33

Ok cool. Good to hear that people have been using it in their RB25's with no complaints :)

I use Royal Purple for my motor oil, dif oil and gearbox oil, no complaints :D

Seems to handle track work better than the Castrol Edge I was using before hand, doesn't get black as quickly

I always been using Motul Chrono 100% Synthetic oil for my R34 GTt, But alot of people are recommending the Royal Purple including performance shops. Price wise you can't go wrong Royal purple is about $80 for 5 litres and Motul Chrono is about $99 for 4litres . I just wana know if any of you guys use it, and wat do u think of it?

Ok just a couple of things. The Royal Purple that you get for under $100 is a Group IV oil, so compare that to the Motul 8100 which is also Group IV.

If you want to compare the 300V then you can only compare that to the Royal Purple racing oil which is around the same price as 300V, im pretty sure it is a Group V oil, but not 100% sure on that one, will have to speak to the Royal Purple rep next time i see him.

Problem with Royal Purple is that it started getting a great name for it self when Street Commodores did a test on all the oils in the country and Royal Purple won it be a mile stone, all the other brands including Motul performed horribly. Suddenly they got the attention of all the oil companies and they went "Hang on a sec, wtf is going on here!", so they investigated it and a law suit became of it. The problem was Street Commodores used a machine that didn't simulate engine loads on bearings (i believe it was a gearbox load simulator from memory) and that's why all the oils performed so badly. They published a big apology but not many people saw that one, they just remembered Royal Purple dominating it, hence their great reputation began in Aus :D

Nice history lesson for ya.

Nothing wrong with Royal Purple, i sell heaps of it and it's a great oil. If i couldn't buy 300V at my work i would go the Royal Purple 10W40 because Motul don't make a 10W40 in a Group IV oil.

Edited by PM-R33

i been using royal purple for the last 7 months and its great you gotta give it time to work though they recommend changing it every 10000k

i work at autobarn in gympie and we sell it for 80 bucks for 5litres its good shit the bees knees in oil (my opinion anyways) :D