SAU Community

R33 Manual Gearbox Needed! Anyone?

yeah i do have to consider the whole conversion would cost abit more.

but i went around to wreckers and they offer me around 1800 for the whole gearbox except for labour. u reckon thats worth it?

well you didnt explain that to well. is that 1800 for just the gearbox or the whold conversion kit??? is that a trade in with yours or what is the story?? and who is fitting???

well you didnt explain that to well. is that 1800 for just the gearbox or the whold conversion kit??? is that a trade in with yours or what is the story?? and who is fitting???

sorry wasnt clear :P, but yeah the whole conversion kit $1800 + labour around $500+ yeah?

then i need to sell my gearbox, so not a trade.

mechanic guy name is Paul from Oakliegh mech in VIC if you know?

i've done a few parts and changes with him.

sorry wasnt clear :) , but yeah the whole conversion kit $1800 + labour around $500+ yeah?

then i need to sell my gearbox, so not a trade.

mechanic guy name is Paul from Oakliegh mech in VIC if you know?

i've done a few parts and changes with him.

1800 for full conversion kit is a good price. last place i got a price from was 1700 for just the gearbox. as far as i am usually quoted just removal and reinstillation of manual gearbox is about 300 so i think 500 isnt too bad..... if your gunna do that get an r32 rb20det man ecu put in and get it remapped instead of the rb25det man ecu.. also have a jap remapped chip here to suit a rb25det motor with r32 ecu. had it dynoed at 197rwkw on 10psi. only mod was full exhaust and fuel pump as well as the ecu. that was a 25 in a 32 with rb20 loom

1800 for full conversion kit is a good price. last place i got a price from was 1700 for just the gearbox. as far as i am usually quoted just removal and reinstillation of manual gearbox is about 300 so i think 500 isnt too bad..... if your gunna do that get an r32 rb20det man ecu put in and get it remapped instead of the rb25det man ecu.. also have a jap remapped chip here to suit a rb25det motor with r32 ecu. had it dynoed at 197rwkw on 10psi. only mod was full exhaust and fuel pump as well as the ecu. that was a 25 in a 32 with rb20 loom

i guess so if its cheap i would get it, but i have been looking around at gearboxes it self and have found a few decent prices. But i need to know what is the different between a non-turbo r33 gearbox to a turbo gearbox?

found a guy selling it cheap and wonder if its worth to get it and i just reinfored the bands n such to handle the turbo. what do u reckon?

thanks mate.