SAU Community

V35 Sedan Tyres - 215/55r17

Hello,

What tyres are people running on there V35 sedans and how do you rate them?

The stock tyre size is 215/55R17 I beleive?

Im about to get my sedan and am wondering what people are recommending for a good all round tyre that will last but still have good grip in the wet.

Currently im looking at the Michelin MXV8's (bob jane special - $199), Goodyear Excellence (goodyear 4 tyres for the price of 3 - $275).

Thanks

Get the Michelin's they will be really good in the wet and supurb in the Dry. Reasonable life too.

I have had many sets of Michelins on my R33 GTS-T and they stick really well, wet grip was fantastic and life was ok unless you drove it like you stole it.

Also got a Forester Turbo 03 model that currently runs a set of Michelin XM1 and they have been exceptional, probably last about 45ks or so of spirited driving...

I think the MXV series are the newer versions but you might want to check. $200 for a 17" is a great price as the Forester is a 16" and I think we paid a bit more than that.

Buy the best Michelin you can afford or a Pirelli if you are looking for slightly better Wet grip compared to the Dry, the opposite of a Michelin.

I'd go Michelin every time, superb in the wet. I've just put 4 on my car - not cheap but certainly the best mileage and they're slightly quieter than the OE Bridgestones that came on it from Japan

i am temped with the MXV8 for $800~

read the review about Goodyear Excellence.....looks like the tires does have nice grip, but wear off too quick (some says 20000km, 30000km)

i am running around for quotes for Bridgestone Adrenalin~everyone seem to loving it with the durability and performances~

so far getting 260, 265 on the 215/55/r17 - my current tire from dealer is Dunlop VE301......its shXX as....i was running on Eastern Freeway duringa wet night..i can feel my car is loosing grip when run over puddles...and skidded over runabouts.

latest quote I've got so far....Bridgestone Adrenalin(as told by most ppl its the best~) from Donnellans at $230 each(on car price).

Far the best quote compare with K-mart auto: 275, Bob Jane: 265, beaurepaires 260 (plus very bad attitudes)

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for your help.

I ended up going with the Michelins, at that price i couldnt go past them, plus i think they will last a little longer than the goodyears with regular rotations.

Its a pity compliance needs new DOT approved tyres because it had a great set of Yokohama S drive DNA's on with lots of tread left.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for your help.

I ended up going with the Michelins, at that price i couldnt go past them, plus i think they will last a little longer than the goodyears with regular rotations.

Its a pity compliance needs new DOT approved tyres because it had a great set of Yokohama S drive DNA's on with lots of tread left.

Cheers

Pete

Keep them and put them on later when you need to. I know your not alowed to but if the tread is still really good....... But then i guess if you have an accident you'll get in trouble with the law and your insurance wont pay out and you'll regret it for the rest of your life......... Nah don't keep them :D

Might be worth keeping if you like to go to Track Days? Although, yes, you'll have to lug them to the track, but it may be worthwhile saving the tyres you just bought. :D

Might be worth keeping if you like to go to Track Days? Although, yes, you'll have to lug them to the track, but it may be worthwhile saving the tyres you just bought. :(

Why can we not keep the old tyres, Japanese Tyres still meet the same standard, don't they?

In fact comparing a lot of Aussie Cars with Jap imports, there are heaps of local cars out there with really, really poor tyres fitted, worn unevenly, bald and cheap rubbish all over the place.

I don't think I have have seen more than a handful of Jap imports with a a worn or illegal tyre.