SAU Community

Got Stickered On Friday In Scarbro

reNEGaDe88

I asked my friend about this...who is a cop. He said that they are allowed to do that. They are even allowed to road test it...check the breaks n stuff. So yeah...

When I told him he lol'd and said that sounds like something he would do XD

They would need grounds to suspect this though....
"I suspect there are controlled substances in your car"...basically they make up their reasonable cause
Also if they wanted to rev the engine I'd ask what rpm and do it for them. If anyone revs the car it's me.
"If anyones gonna blow up my car it's me" or "sorry officer you cant handle the awsoma powa of the 'Line" lol.

Srsly. I would sooner have my car trailered away *after setting the PFC to "idiot mode" of course* than some clown with a badge sit there and rev the guts out...That's if I couldn't get to the computer before the cop got to the car..It's not that he's a cop it's the lack of respect they show, the fact that many of them couldn't find there arse with both hand and a flash light and what is the purpose of revving my car??? Sure they may suspect it's loud but revving the thing to the limiter repeatedly for the amusement of their colleagues is unprofessional and unnecessary. Thus perpetuating the stereo type. end rant :sick:

Your friend is an idiot.
Agreed

^ any cop that has asked me to rev up my engine (not because they want to or because they want to hear it been given shit) but because they want to hear the ATMO BOV go off? i think that's fair seeing as though it's illegal to have one and they want to hear it go off to do you for it, however, if they can't find it and it's staring right at them is a different story lol

and agreed with the friend cop being an idiot

Well I went to pits and failed.

Everything was good. BOV was plumb back. different rims and tyre profiles was fine. zorst was quiet enough. lights worked.

But i forgot to bolt up centre muffler mounting bracket. So the zorst sag'd a bit in the middle and I failed the ground clearance.

Well at least I have 21 days get that sorted.

Thanks all ur advice.

If cops pull me over again, I might refuse to turn on my car, and/or rev it next time. And have legal tyres. Then they can't sticker me....

Edited by reNEGaDe88

^ did you ask the pits if they're allowed to ask you to turn on your car or are you just saying that referring to what everyone on this thread has said because i would like to know from a first hand source if we have to turn on our cars when they ask

"I suspect there are controlled substances in your car"...basically they make up their reasonable cause

"If anyones gonna blow up my car it's me" or "sorry officer you cant handle the awsoma powa of the 'Line" lol.

Srsly. I would sooner have my car trailered away *after setting the PFC to "idiot mode" of course* than some clown with a badge sit there and rev the guts out...That's if I couldn't get to the computer before the cop got to the car..It's not that he's a cop it's the lack of respect they show, the fact that many of them couldn't find there arse with both hand and a flash light and what is the purpose of revving my car??? Sure they may suspect it's loud but revving the thing to the limiter repeatedly for the amusement of their colleagues is unprofessional and unnecessary. Thus perpetuating the stereo type. end rant :)

Agreed

They would need greater grounds than that to search your car, if they don't have it then let them search and get their badge numbers.

I wouldn't rev it past 4 if asked. 4000rpm is where they test the sound levels (i believe its 2/3 of total rpm) and its also on boost at that level. There is no need to rev any higher and I'd refuse if asked to do so. Again if they then said anything about it, take their badge numbers.

My brothers at work atm (cop) so I'm trying to ring him to get some inside word on the matter.

numbers.

My brothers at work atm (cop) so I'm trying to ring him to get some inside word on the matter.

Let us know when you know.

That would be the best way to answer our questions...

Ill keep this in mind next time i need to ask a question.

Not answering his phone so sent him a text message.

Asked under what grounds they are allowed to search the car and whether or not they have to ask permission before they rev the car.

Pretty sure everything else they did is fine. They are certainly allowed to get you to pop the bonnet etc.

If you have anything on your file that has flagged you or are found with someone that is flagged, that gives them due reason to search the car for drugs/illegal weapons etc. Also if there is anything more obvious aka it smells like pot etc. They need due reason, and when asked should be able to provide you with this. TIG officers search cars as a routine thing, so if your pulled over by them expect it to be searched.

They are allowed to road test/rev the car, however depending on the officer they generally don't mind you doing the revving as long as you hold it at the rpm they ask you to. Maximum they can ask is 2/3 of max rpm as this is where noise testing is done. If you feel they are/have done damage to your vehicle you can lodge a complaint against the officer, ask him/her for their badge number, get their vehicle number and get a mechanical report stating that your car has been damaged by excess revving etc. THEY ARE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS.

I also asked about the legalities of recording the exchange. Technically if you record something the police are allowed to seize it. However if they seize it they aren't allowed to delete it, it goes on file. If the cop you get is a bit more crooked than most and they go to delete it and give it back to you, theres not much you can do. So. If you think your cop is more crooked than a twistie just record the conversation quietly without saying anything and if anything serious goes down the evidence SHOULD be allowed in court as it's in the public interest for someone thats in power to be brought to justice. Even if the evidence was gotten in an illegal way.

Hope that helps clear up the matter.

Edited by Greg89

It's good that he got back to you Greg.

I still stand by my original statement. Probable cause is what ever they make up on the day. Could you imagine taking a cop to court over an expired engine that he/she may have caused lol. As for the recording of conversations...you can under federal telecommunications law record a persons conversation if you tell them your intent, I don t see why being face to face would change that. As for recording it without knowledge I cant imaging a half decent lawyer allowing any illegally recorded conversation to impune their client.

Next project...i'm engaging a brief to get an opinion on this lol

Yeah but, as i said to my brother if you were to tell a crooked cop that you were recording the conversation he would more than likely take the recording device and throw it in the nearest bin/toilet.

You would only have your "illegal" tape recording admitted in court if there was an obvious abuse by the police officer, where it could be seen that telling them of the recording would of meant losing it.

If the cops not THAT bad. Then just tell them your recording it.

I also thought it was a bit of a stretch that you would ever get justice where a cop paid for damages caused to your car. But unfortunately thats the only steps available to you.

Edited by Greg89

Noise restrictions and cars decibel ratings are taken from 2/3 of max rpm. i.e. redline.

So for example if its 8k then 2/3 would be 5-5.5k rpm.

So to test it they would rev it to 5-5.5k then let it decelerate as generally its louder on decel.

This would be the official noise level.

Granted your average cop would just go hmmmm sounds too loud, and sticker you.

They also check for excess smoke/flames.

OK, I am going back to get the sticker removed for car still being too low. I have jacked up rear coilies as much as possible. Which was very little. Jacked up the front colies by 25mm. Put the cat on so that buldge is facing up not down. I have bolted up the bracket to the zorst to hold the system in place, higher. I have even put higher profile tyres on rear to lift it and even out how it sits. BUT my hotdog is still 95mm off the ground, not 100mm.

I have run out of ideas to get the car to have legal ride hieght. Can I pump more air into the tyres so that they buldge in the middle giving me 5mm more hieght overall? What is the max you should pump up a tire. Normal is 32-36psi. Can I do 40, 50 or what?