SAU Community

R33 Projectors?

LUME

Are you sure? Because most modern cars have dual projectors

car_photo_367084_25.jpg

I stand corrected :blush: , obviosuly they've designed them to disperse light more than a low beam, wouldnt be to hard i guess just a bigger lens.

I may be interested depends on costs and design of product, because i am looking at doing a projector retro fit soon.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'd personally be looking at a Bi-Xenon in the lowbeam position and leaving the factory reflector in the highbeam.

The bi-xenon projector uses a motor to alter the shroud position when flicking to high beam and allow the light to disperse in a different pattern. So basically what I mean is to wire the bi-xenon lamp to operate in high beam at the same time as the reflector.

Its not ideal to run a seperate HID high beam because HID lamps take a few seconds to reach full output and their service life is reduced by frequently flashing on and off. I suspect the picture above maybe be showing a Halogen highbeam projector setup....

Edited by MintR33

Righteo got some good news from the boys in Aus :blush:

Hi Phillip,

I would be more than happy to manufacture some new R33 lights. My only concern is the indicators, as they must be diffused. Might have to add a refractor behind the glass.

Yes, most supra member mail us there headlights and we fit and set them back. Or we sell kit kits with a DIY guide.

I have spoken with Steve from SAU. He gave me the go ahead to put up an interest thread.

Just trying to find a cheap pair of lights to work on.

Kind Regards,

Rich

So hopefully there will be something available for us soon!! Finally!!

Edited by PM-R33

Not sure about the indicator thing, I think he ment the parkers on the side. I just sent him a general photo.

No criteria as of yet, I said we could all design and agree on something. We could do something multipurpose on the side that could be an indicator or a parker depending on what people wanted.

Edited by PM-R33

Ahh nice find. I sent them a link to this thread so they will see that. Worse comes to worse I will buy another second hand set and send them my current ones to work on as my current ones aren't the best condition.

Very excited about this guys :blush:

Edited by PM-R33

would they be reconditioning/cleaning the lense as well or just fitting the projectors?

I guess it would depend on wheather it ends up being a DIY kit or the full service...

Edited by 75coupe

I mentioned to them getting the headlights modified with modern projectors (or to what ever people wanted) and I also mentioned the possibility of getting new lenses done in plastic or glass.

They do gorgeous work with Supra headlights in new plastic or glass lenses. I think it would really depend on how many people would be keen. If 50 people said "I want new plastic/glass lenses" then i'm sure they would look into manufacturing them.

We will have to wait and see I suppose.

Edited by PM-R33

I would be very interested in new lenses (glass would be awesome if it's not too much more expensive) and an HID projector conversion that looks as subtle as possible. Factory look with much better light output = win.

Guys, what we have all been waiting for!

What we plan to do is make a nice and newly shaped re-mould of the headlight out of 2x2 twill carbon fibre, which will accommodate the new 90mm low beam projectors. We will leave the high beam as is, otherwise it will become too expensive with another set of projectors. We plan to isolate the bulb behind the diffuser in its own little compartment. We will cover the compartment with a new diffuser. Finally we will make a new one piece hand curved glass lens, with a ceramic black border. It will have no diffuser lines and will be crystal clear too show off the carbon fibre.

I also talked to my supplier for HELLA 90mm D2S projector kit, complete with a gen 3 ballast and adjuster.

OMFG I can't wait!! I will either let Rich (SPINTO) organise the group buy if he wishes to sign up or I will organise it on behalf of him if they don't want to have the hassel. I can see a lot of people wanting something like this and it is a long time coming. Let as many people know as you can so we can get as many people in on it to bring the price down. At the end of the day I don't think price is going to be a concern once people see how amazing this will look.

Cheers guys.

Phil

Edited by PM-R33