SAU Community

South West Of Wa Run

Appealing

Prefered Date for Quindanning run  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am very very intterested in coming along for th entire weekend.

i cant confirm or deny just yet as im in the navy and not too sure if i can make it.

plus my girlfriend and i are new to perth so we dont know anyone. but i would love to make it for the trip

do you have any idea how much the weekend would cost coz i have no idea how far the trip really is.

thanking you

steve

plus my girlfriend and i are new to perth so we dont know anyone. but i would love to make it for the trip

do you have any idea how much the weekend would cost coz i have no idea how far the trip really is.

Hi Steve,

John (Appealing) gave us his estimation -

"The accomodation cost is $70/two persons for Room and Continental Breakfast and $80 with cooked breakfasts.

$50 for a single person, and $60 for cooked breakfast option. You will still sleep in a double or Queen size bed regardless".

Food - I've been told, its quite affordable there, drinks - everyone on it's own, 5-6 pints per person is a conservative estimation, isn't it ? >_<))))) I'd allocate about $70-80 for fuel and I'll make sure that I leave with full tank of petrol.

But I would recommend either send a PM to Appealing or ring the hotel directly to make a booking otherwise they might run our of rooms; sleeping in the Stagea is always an option (done it once in the middle of nowhere and found it was quite ok, but we had pillows/blankets) but hotel is much better option, especially if you travel with your girlfriend.

By the way, John - Anton is definitely coming with us, if anything can be "definite" with kids, so if someone wants to take kids, it would be easier for all of us, they entertain each other and leave us in peace most of the time :down:)))

Just so everyone realises.. I have booked 5 rooms for the following people.

Sean & Loretta

Steve & Amanda

Andrei & Anna, (& Anton)

John & Iolanda.

Ray & Karen (Mustang owners and all round nice people)

If you have also booked..... LET ME KNOW... so I can ring the hotel.

Otherwise.....PM ME so that we can get some money form you!

Thanks

There may be a room left, I'll ring the pub in the morning, and find out.

ThenI'll PM you. Sorry didn't look at post for a few days, thought that all interest was spent!

Cheers

To those that are coming along, I mentioned stopping in Collie in the afternoon.

Now we have a better reason! The experts cup, part of Rally WA, is on. So should be worth a look.

I'll get more details and post them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Only one long weekend and one short week until we go South.... I also think that we may stop on the way home at the Peel Zoo.

We'll start looking at the weather soon....

This should be a memorable weekend....

I also have the spectator details for the experts cup.... on as we pass through Collie. These will be given out on the day.

Edited by Appealing

So has anyone booked direct and is coming that I don't know about??

If so please make yourself known, so that I can account for extra maps.

Thanks

Shame more people didnt come , you missed a good cruise.

Colder than a witches tit in Quindanning - but the log fires made up for it.

Thanks to John and Iolanda for organising it, was good fun.

The fog on Sunday morning would have made for good pictures but I think everyone was too cold to venture outside to take any.

Lotty took a few shots so I will post em up here soon as I get them.

The Stagea didnt miss a beat all weekend..good cruiser indeed.

Ray's Mustang got the most looks out of all the cars I think - stealing the glory I tells ya !

Would be interesting to visit the place in summer and hang out in the gardens having a drink

A few photos of the run.

We will almost definitely stay there again, Awesome food, and good hospitality.

Next time I am taking a heater!! (and earplugs).

Top Spot though!

I'll post some more photos as soon as I find the camera lead.... phone photos for now.

post-30601-1244545290_thumb.jpg

Sean and Loretta, enjoying a drink!

post-30601-1244545318_thumb.jpg

Ray and Iolanda play pool, Karen looking on.

post-30601-1244545346_thumb.jpg

Anna and Andre, warming up in morning, with Loretta's special coffee, (Spoilt!).