SAU Community

Toyo Proxes 4 Vs Federal 595ss

first of all, are these 2 tyres in a similar price bracket? i'm guessing they are arong the same range

i have a price for the 595's, wondering what kind of cash you're up for for 17" 235/215 in the toyo's

so which one is the better performing tyre?

thanks

I have been happy with the preformance of two sets of federal 595's in 245/45/17 however am now switching to Kuhmo ku36's as there is a negligible price difference between them. The kuhmos will not last anywhere near as long however, so if the car was a pure street car I think 595's are good for their price.

I have 225x17 on the front with Proxy 4's and 255 on the back with federal 595's. Hard to say how good they are as need the same tyre all round to give a good opinion. So I'll try anyway.

The Proxy's are very good over the Hankook K104's I had previously, in fact, there is no comparison. The Hankooks would understeer badly in the rain and dry unless really warmed up.

The 595's on the back are better than the Hankooks for grip in a straight line but MUCH better around corners. As an aside, have you priced the T1R Toyo's ? They are a very good tyre for the money. Though the 595's are the best for value.

Edited by skylinecouple