SAU Community

*new* Leather R32 Gear & Handbrake Boots Group Buy

pablo101

Hey guys,

Leather R32 Gear and Handbrake boots are back!

Price is $55 and includes free express postage to your address!

We need a minimum of 10 boots ordered.

Group buy open from 14th May till 14th July 2009.

If you are interested please PM me or post here to be included in this group buy.

================

Here is how to install the handbrake boot (all credit to Triptych for this installation guide and help)

For people having trouble installing the handbrake boot because they come flat not pre-bent this is what I did to fit it to my R32 GTS-T

1. Take old handbrake boot out.

2. Push leather inwards on old handbrake boot and sit the new boot on top.

3. You should now have the metal from the old boot and new boot sitting on top of each, Make sure it is lined up evenly.

4. Push the metal on the new boot at the same bend in the old boot so they are both bent at the same place.

5. Keep adding pressure to the metal on the new boot so after the bend it is touching the metal of the old boot.

6. Put them side to side to make sure they are bent in same place on the same angel etc, and fine tune as needed.

I know its a little hard to understand without pictures but seriously if you think about it, it is only a 2 minute job.

Here is how mine turned out (sorry about the bad apperture and focus on the steering wheel)

handbrakebootxi5.th.jpg

================

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Suspension Component Question Looking for some feedback based on people's experiences! I know this has been loosely covered in other threads but I can't find any direct answers/experience. I'm up for some bush/rod replacements and was interested in a hybrid approach between hardened rubber and pillowball kit. Why not choose one or the other? Well, this is for my daily driver, which I track once or twice a year. I like a stiff car and a sporty feel but I don't want to compromise the chassis too much with 100% pillowball gadgetry.  I know from experience and a tonne of reading that not all components affect ride quality in the same way - eg. in my case, coilover top mounts should be hardened rubber as pillowball transfers way too many undesirable qualities and doesn't have much more upside than a good hardened rubber. But, pillowball tension rods translate to much better turn-in/steering response and make the car significantly sharper, without negatively impacting ride quality in a significant way.  I'm not TOO bothered by NVH (to a degree). So, with context out of the way, does anyone have any experience with a hybrid approach as mentioned above? I'm going to replace all components over time so am seeking guidance on: - front tension rods - upper camber arms - rear lower control arm - rear traction rod - rear upper camber arm Secondly, is there any reason why this is a bad idea? Or any other info/wisdom that I might not be considering. Cheers 🫶
    • That's good to hear I'll stick with the stock I hear they are good for 500hp and I'm only shooting for 350-400 once I can get this thing sorted and get to actually building it. 
    • The stock one will outperform any aftermarket standard position exhaust manifold. If you don't believe me, do a back to back test (same turbo, same boost, same timing) and you'll be super surprised.
    • Any recommendations on a decent replacement manifold that doesnt break the bank or require additional mods for the stock turbo setup? I figure if I'm going to pull the manifold off anyway to fix the studs might as well replace it. 
    • So I checked the turbo out today. Very minimum play at all just enough for the oil to take up when it's running. I did find an exhaust leak at the manifold. 1 stud all the way in the front is missing and the one all the way in the back is broken off. Front has visible signs of an exhaust leak. I'll fix that soon but that's not my problem still.  I also found that the nipple coming off the turbo had the hose capped off and a hose ran from the j-pipe by the bov going to the wastegate. I removed that hose and capped that nipple and put the turbo nipple hose back on the wastegate.  There was a ton of oil residue all through the charge side of the intercooler piping going to the throttle bodg. I'm thinking that's from the pcv. Doesn't seem to be coming from the turbo that was all clean on the pipes side.  Haven't had a chance to check fuel pressure yet, haven't had time been having to pull a lot of doubles at work. I did pick up some carb cleaner to clean the iacv but wanted to make sure I had a fresh gasket in case the old one rips when I pull it off.  I'm waiting on a MAF that was supposed to be here today but delayed to Monday. Have a double Monday and Friday and work all of next weekend so going to try to find some time in the middle of the week to try that out. Did about a 10m trip around the block today and towards the end the issues were coming back. Fingers crossed on this MAF but if not just going to throw a fuel pressure gauge in and see where I'm at.  Did notice today that I can definitely hear the injectors pulsing. Very audible clicking coming from them. Assuming that's normal? Should also mean CAS is functioning somewhat properly. After it warmed up when I started it the intermittent misfires came in again. Did start doing that before it was fully warmed up.