SAU Community

Semi Auto Gearbox, Can We Make It Better?

no dramas :blush:

in hindsight the volt stabiliser wouldn't do anything more than just grounding wires as far as improving the shifting feel,

I just couldn't be @ssed sourcing kits overseas and I don't use ebay, don't have spare time like I used to to make the wires myself

so...

pivot was the go, one of my mate's has a set I could look at and the wire lengths were good, ended up finding a place for every wire, good quality but pricey for what it is imo, just lucky I got mate's rates

I ended up deciding to make up my own kit on the weekend.

I looked at lots of pics from the G35 Driver site to work out where all the earth cables were placed and to then make my own plan for the VQ25DET. I have ended up with I think a reasonable set up but I still have to earth the ECU.

Has it made a difference.....................it's not worse but is it noticeably better is hard to say.

My idle has been a bit high for the last 6 months and I would say it is at least 50rpm lower which is good. Acceleration is certainly crisp and the motor is smooth. Gear change may be a fraction better but not a big change.

At the total cost of $45 plus 2 hours I think it was worth while.

I will post up some pics tomorrow.

Cheers

Andy