SAU Community

Redline Oil Help Needed...

GODRAVER

i have to do a oil change very soon and i have a few questions regarding redline oils...

i got quoted around 117 i think for a gallon which is under 4litres, and i also need a 1/4 of a galon which is like 27... who here uses redline oil? do u use the 10W40 grade? and how many galons or litres would i need? and how often should i change the redline oil? they told me 30,000km but that seems way too much...

i know theres better oils but i use mobil1, this time i wanted to try redline... and any1 uses the nylon additive?

Guest RedLineGTR

1. Redline is one of the top oils.

2. Dont use Oil additives they dont do shit unless u have like a 60's classic and its blowing smoke, usally they do more harm than good.

3. Redline Oils Have exended drain intervals, so abuot 10,000km on redline normally u would change it every 5000km with a ordinary oil.

4. I would recommend redline if your have money to throw at your car, and also do alot of track work, high temps etc.

5. For normal driving a synthetic oil is fine mobil 1, Motul, shell, castrol etc etc..

6. Personally i'd rather change my oil frequently even if u wanted to chnage your oil every 2500km so lets say a bottle of oil costs abuot $50 or even $60 it would cost less to change it more often, and you would still have half a liltre after every change left over.

2500km x 2 = 5000km (rec by nissan) 2x 5litre bottle of full synth oil = $120 u get to change it often so it nearly dosent have sufficent time to break down.

7. Skylines use about 4.5litres of oil inc oil filter.

My 2 Cents

Guest RedLineGTR

I pay in melbourne for 1 galon of redline 10w-40w abuot $110 i think..plus whatever extra it is for a extra litre.The longest i would leave it is 10,000km but i cant guarantee it. Along the way check the colour of the oil, if it smells burnt etc..there a little tests that u can do to check the condition of the oil.

Guest RedLineGTR

See what the retailer recommends..from what i have noticed with my oil the higher rpms i fang it to the more wear on the engine and the quicker my oils gets darker. Driving like a granny seems the keep it more cleaner over some time, as compaired to high rpms.