SAU Community

Rb Rebuild

hello all,

can you tell me when time comes to rebuild the RB26, just the shortblock, what is a good rebuild recipe. i have -5's with all the supporting mods, and would like to know just a good rebuild formula.

was looking at forged pistons, new oil pump, bearings, probably crank balance/clean up, standard rods, harmonic balancer, waterpump, is there anything else that needs to be done, im not looking to rev the crap out of this engine, or chase massive power, just realable power.

cheers

hello all,

can you tell me when time comes to rebuild the RB26, just the shortblock, what is a good rebuild recipe. i have -5's with all the supporting mods, and would like to know just a good rebuild formula.

was looking at forged pistons, new oil pump, bearings, probably crank balance/clean up, standard rods, harmonic balancer, waterpump, is there anything else that needs to be done, im not looking to rev the crap out of this engine, or chase massive power, just realable power.

cheers

you have got it spot on...obviously done your reasearch.

good luck with the build.

A set of Cp's from the states would be a good buy tho the dollar is pretty average at the moment, a complete nismo gasket kit would be pretty good too can be purchaced from there for a nice price also.

p.s. i like shopping overseas.