SAU Community

Nm35 Hicas And Coilovers

Nick Bailey

I was just about to buy a set of Tanabe Sustec Pro NF Coilovers. The supplier came back to me asking if I have Hicas or not, apparently if you have Hicas the coilovers can rub on some of the machs.

I am still to establish wether or not I have Hicas or not, however I am under the impression that if the car has Hicas there is a dash light which will come on when you turn the ignition. There is no Hicas light on my dash, so unless the bulb has blown I am assuming I don't have it.

I have had both gtst's and gtr's with Hicas, and there is always a dash light on ignition.

Any-one had any experience with any of the above

Hi Nick

If your car has HICAS you will have a light that comes on with ign.

You can see the HICAS control on the back of your rear sub frame. When looking under from the back it looks kind of like a wiper motor blocking the view of the diff. Mabye you could google and get a picture.

Muz

Completely off topic, unless you have something rare you mispelt Stagea in your profile :ninja:

Only a few of the models had HICAS, it's not a common features except for the

If you want to make double sure you could probably get someone to FAST the VIN Number and confirm if HICAS was factory fitted.

(extracted from Wikipedia)

• 250tRS FOUR V HICAS: A 250tRS FOUR V with the addition of the Nissan HICAS four wheel steering system
  • AR-X FOUR: A 250t FOUR (ie 2,5L turbo/4wd) model with increased ride height and SUV-like body ornaments. 206 kW (276 hp)
  • The were 4 'aero selection' models added in 2002 to the 250RS/250tRS FOUR/250tRS FOUR V/250tRS FOUR V HICAS ranges, this added a bodykit to the standard car

Hi Nick

If your car has HICAS you will have a light that comes on with ign.

You can see the HICAS control on the back of your rear sub frame. When looking under from the back it looks kind of like a wiper motor blocking the view of the diff. Mabye you could google and get a picture.

Muz

Thanks, there is no light and nothing blocking the diff. Suspension and hubs all look ok. Don't think I have Hicas.

Its like a disease

Completely off topic, unless you have something rare you mispelt Stagea in your profile :D

Only a few of the models had HICAS, it's not a common features except for the

If you want to make double sure you could probably get someone to FAST the VIN Number and confirm if HICAS was factory fitted.

(extracted from Wikipedia)

• 250tRS FOUR V HICAS: A 250tRS FOUR V with the addition of the Nissan HICAS four wheel steering system
  • AR-X FOUR: A 250t FOUR (ie 2,5L turbo/4wd) model with increased ride height and SUV-like body ornaments. 206 kW (276 hp)
  • The were 4 'aero selection' models added in 2002 to the 250RS/250tRS FOUR/250tRS FOUR V/250tRS FOUR V HICAS ranges, this added a bodykit to the standard car

Seems as though the 250t with Hicas also had a bodykit, I have no body kit therefore I have no Hicas

Seems as though the 250t with Hicas also had a bodykit, I have no body kit therefore I have no Hicas

Seems as though I got that wrong, the body kit was on the aero selection.

yeah just take a photo and we can tell you

also, i have the body kit and i DONT have hicas. then again i have an RX and hicas wasnt an option. it was on RS. ARX all have them, and AXIS im not sure

yeah just take a photo and we can tell you

also, i have the body kit and i DONT have hicas. then again i have an RX and hicas wasnt an option. it was on RS. ARX all have them, and AXIS im not sure

OK, I will look for the pump thing and take a photo. Thanks

nope thats atessa, the hicas looks like an electric motor bolted to the back of the subframe. the OLD S13 style hicas was hydraulic, since 1990(ish) its been electric

no no i know wat it looks like...

well near the diff area a massive plug looking thing...

Can someone with HICAS please post up a pic so us less HICAS-ologists have a better understanding of what to look for or be prepared not to see under our stags. . .

Can someone with HICAS please post up a pic so us less HICAS-ologists have a better understanding of what to look for or be prepared not to see under our stags. . .

Maybe this will help........

Sorry the quality is pretty crap but it will give you the idea.

If you follow the exhaust towards the middle of the picture, you will see the anti vibration thingy (round piece of metal) and then just above the that is the black cylinder with a Nissan sticker. This is the electric motor of the HICAS. It connects on the right to the gearing that changes the angel of the rear wheels with the turn up to 1.5 degrees.

Cheers

Andy

post-41854-1242906547_thumb.jpg

Maybe this will help........

Sorry the quality is pretty crap but it will give you the idea.

If you follow the exhaust towards the middle of the picture, you will see the anti vibration thingy (round piece of metal) and then just above the that is the black cylinder with a Nissan sticker. This is the electric motor of the HICAS. It connects on the right to the gearing that changes the angel of the rear wheels with the turn up to 1.5 degrees.

Cheers

Andy

many thanks mate. . will check in the morning

Certainly NOT something to get upset about.

Having driven my car with HICAS and without I think it was a better handling high speed car when it had HICAS.

Muz