SAU Community

Skyline Stolen In Tuggeranong 27.5.09

Hi there,

I was just wondering if I could ask for some help trying to track down my brothers skyline that was stolen from Tuggeranong (Homeworld) last night.

His car is a 1989 R31 Skyline - light blue.

It should have had P plates on it, although the plate holder at the back was broken, and there is a metal piece sticking out from behind the rego plate.

Rego Number: ygd 99m

The parceldeck (where his rear speakers were I'm told :/) was home made (not standard) wih 6 x 9 Clarion speakers in it.

There is a scratch on the front bumper towards the right corner, and the seat covers had "attitude" written across the back seat in silver writing, and the front covers have silver tribal style crosses on them.

If you know anything about this car, please call the police or email me at [email protected]

I've heard very good things abotu skyline owners, that they are very protective of other skylines and it would be great if anyone could help us out!

Thanks in adavnce!!

Erin

xo

Edited by looking-for-help

Sorry to hear about your brother's car Erin. Quite a few people on here have had their cars stolen or almost stolen this year, so i'm sure everyone will keep an eye out for it.

If you have a photo of it, post it up, it all helps.

I would suggest your brother gets as many mates together as he can, and goes out looking for it. I would start with the out of the way places these low-lifes tend to dump cars, like Pine Island, Point Hut, Kambah Pool on the southside, old federal highway on the north side etc.

A few of the cars previously stolen have also been spotted at the various ghetto flats in Griffith, Woden, Braddon, Civic etc so worth a look around there as well. Maybe a few other SAUers can suggest some more places to look.

Have you also posted this on the other Canberra car forums?

Good luck, hope he gets it back in one piece.

Cheers,

JD

check out the stuart flats in manuka (the gov'y flats across from the maccas drive through entrence).

thats where a supra was recently recovered after being stolen. if its the same mob they live near there

Man, this is getting really out of hand... So many cars being stolen! :rofl:

We should start a vigilanty group and go around baiting theives (while we wait in nearby cars) then jump out when they break in to the bait car and bash their heads in with steel pipes!!

James (DriftGTS) can be our "enforcer" --- He has a medievil style mace!

P.S. I hope it turns up :D

Thanks for the replies guys,

I've let my brother know the places you suggested - he'll check it out with some mates.

He's asked if I could post his mobile number if anyone sees it - 0428 529 255 his name is David.

Unfortunately no photos, I would have loved to post some if I had any.

As for other Canberra car forums, I've looked for some, but I couldn't find any - any ideas??

Thanks again! You've been very helpful :D

Try Canberra Cruises?

I'll keep a look out... def try those flats, especially the manuka ones as mentioned... a stolen skyline was spotted there too

How late was he parked at Homeworld? Was it after all the shops were shut?

nissansilvia.com

chuck up a thread there too.

I too had my skyline stolen from tuggeranong area, so i know how he feels. I'll definitely be another to keep my eyes open

Good luck

Hey Erin

sorry to hear about davids car ill keep an eye out for it for you. it helps i aready know you aswell so ill call you and david if i hear or see anything

here are 2 more sites you could try aswell:

syndicatemotorsports

liberty.asn.au

so many skylines being stolen :ninja:

some police told me yesterday there a silver skyline got stolen as well

i will keep an eye out for it

goodluck

Saw a marone R33 skyline parked outside Canberra times in fyshwick for 2 days without number plates on monday , tuesday but it is gone now ... probbably another stolen car

like late at night you mean?

cos there's a place across the road that has imports sometimes and it might have been theirs?

saw it too. It was on the main drag with nothing across the road, thought it was a bit strange. Had plates on it on Monday morning i think.

just so u guys know this vehicle was found in Calwell, the guy who originally posted doesnt look like he is on here much so i thought i would let you guys know.