SAU Community

Help Please R33 Gtr Vspec

Hey Guys,

Im currently looking at a R33 GTR and it was registered before 2000 and hence it has the Green Compliance plate.

The VIN and Engine number on the compliance plates match up with the RTA.

However my main concern is that there is no BLUE compliance plate on it. Im not sure why they removed it but the green compliance plate has now replaced the original blue plates.

This may be my 3rd import and its the first time i've seen this being done.

So if someone can shed some light in this situation, i'd be really happy.

Regards

does this car have a gold engine bay?

if it does and its a series 3 in KR4 silver - its the the car im thinking of.

it would be wise to stay the **** away.

Could you Pm me this also cos I'm curious (shopping for one now) why steer clear of this.

Cheers

the blue is the build plate isnt it? that shouldnt ever be removed... as per the 'new to skylines' thread stickied in this forum.

I know mines still got the blue build plate but also has a sticker in the passenger side door, when opened, in pink, saying its compliant. other than that i havent really paid all that much attention to other plates and such...so im not probably much help. But make sure every decision you make in buying a GTR is thought through. you dont wanna buy a lemon just cuz it was the prettiest one.

so out of courtesy, are you gona tell us if you went through with buying the car??

If this question is directed towards me, Well I'd like to know why stay away from this seeing I wouldn't want to waste my time looking at something dodgy.

kamikaze ninja, if your gtr is the one im thinking it is - damn nice dude, i was looking at it when it was forsale a few years ago! :P might still have some pics of it!

Bought the car from JapCars in Fawkner about a week ago. Under the impression it wasn't landed till maybe a couple months ago... but yeah. Lol i love the car...its amazing. just this one tiny niggly problem that ruins it for me =(

Getting it fixed by the boys at the dealership on Monday though, so should be fine.