SAU Community

Hello Chaps And Chapesses.....

Wile7

Hi all - looking forward to being on board wav.gif

My name is Dave (Wile7 after my caterham7 forays) and based in Bucks in the UK although I grew up in Australia and Hong Kong thumbsup.gif

I am wanting to buy a 4 door Skyline or Stagea (undecided which yet) because I need a family wagon that tours well (mainly to southern France where SWMBO family is) but can also deliver the goods when I am alone wink.gif

I have owned Legacy's and a VR4 in the past so am looking to Nissan that I have also had experience of before (favourably with a primera Egt saloon). I am lucky to have a Caterham for the full on stuff but, as I say, which one to go for - Stagea or GT-X Turbo.....I have now driven both but want to look at a stagea 2 with the tiptronic and NEO engine.

Any thoughts from the gurus on here?

Many thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Dave

Hi Dave

I am also new :blink:

I have just purchased a s2 stagea rs4s , I have 2 kids and all the associated stuff that comes with said two kids and the nissan is doing a fine job i must say .

As far as a 4 door, it will do the job (as u know) but you run out of room without even trying . I had a toyota jzx90 mkii b4 the stag and with just a few mods

it was a lot faster than the stag but thats not the reason i got the nissan .(i am in the middle of a locost 7 build so that is the car that will entertain me)

I say if you liked the way the stag drove go for it they are a very nice car . If you want it a bit more sporty go for the manual .

Hi Dave

I am also new :P

I have just purchased a s2 stagea rs4s , I have 2 kids and all the associated stuff that comes with said two kids and the nissan is doing a fine job i must say .

As far as a 4 door, it will do the job (as u know) but you run out of room without even trying . I had a toyota jzx90 mkii b4 the stag and with just a few mods

it was a lot faster than the stag but thats not the reason i got the nissan .(i am in the middle of a locost 7 build so that is the car that will entertain me)

I say if you liked the way the stag drove go for it they are a very nice car . If you want it a bit more sporty go for the manual .

Thanks for that RS4S. Which Locost build/spec are you doing? I still have my ford engined caterham supersprint (1996). Love it! The Stagea souns just the ticket though - just need to find one :cool: ......

Dave

Thanks for that RS4S. Which Locost build/spec are you doing? I still have my ford engined caterham supersprint (1996). Love it! The Stagea souns just the ticket though - just need to find one ;) ......

Dave

Hi Dave

I am building a Formula Motorsport Chassis ( wider and longer ) with a 2ltr ford zetec , mx5 box , skyline live axle .

it will take a few years as i am doing the lot myself . (sometimes i think i must be crazy)

Good luck with finding the Stagea and if you have pic of the caterham i would love to see it.

Justin....