SAU Community

A31 Rb20e To Rb25det

undivided

hi there

i have a a31 cefiro

i am doing a engine convertion from rb20e auto to rb25det manual

i found info on the tail shaft thanx

i need some help with the wiring

i have rb25det loom and computer out of r33 94 model and i need to no what wires to join to geather

also on the stater motor side i need to no about those wires as the plugs are diferant at the relay box from starter/alternator/gearbox

please any help would be great

thanx

hi mate

when you remove the 20e, with the alternator and starter wiring, undo the wiring at both of those rather than at the fuse/relax box as the starter motor and alternator can be put onto the 25, im not sure if theres any difference between the 20 and 25 starters and alt's but i know ive been running both of those 20 items on my 25 since my conversion, even the a/c compressor and power steer pumps are interchangeable and will bolt up so no need to remove it with the 20e and lose your a/c gas and fluid

As far as wiring goes i should be able to have a look at how my mate did it and what colour wires are what as mine used to be 20e also so shouldnt be any different unless because mine is 25 series 2 motor i think the wires at the ecu might be different but ill if so ill double check

Next you'll wana get ahold of a 25 top radiator hose, pretty sure i just used the 20 bottom hose but double check that

Use the existing 20 engine mounts

Mmm pretty sure theres a bit of fiddling and possibly modding that needs to be done to gearbox crossmember if your're to be fitting the 25 gearbox as well

Anything else you need to know just post up

Nathan